Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Ttm Nolan Ryan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dpendola

Apr 16, 2013
When I was a kid I wrote Mr.Ryan asking him if I could have an autograph and about 2 months later this bad boy shows up in the mail. I just recently found this thing, it was stashed away with a dozen other forgotten things, the auto used to be a bright blue but the years of it not being in a case have faded it somewhat but it doesn't take away the fact that it is an awesome auto from the greatest pitcher to play the game.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415643435.630597.jpg

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Lol,
I just commented in your other thread about your IPAs but I had to comment here too, since I also have one of these from writing to him also

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Wow. Did it fade like that even though it was stored away? Looks like it's been on display exposed to light.

In any case, I've always liked Ryan's signature and it's one that I'd love to add to my collection. Nice piece!

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I received something just like that TTM from Ryan when I was a kid! I'm not sure if I still have have it at my parent's place or not.

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
That's a very nice and interesting piece. There is quite a bit of information available that might lead to the conclusion that that particular postcard was commonly used to answer through the mail autograph requests while Ryan was with the Rangers and contained an autopen signature. If you will google the terms "Nolan Ryan" and "autopen" you will see that particular post card comes up frequently in discussions.

Hopefully, this might take some of the sting out of the autograph fading.

Dpendola

Apr 16, 2013
I haven't seen that card in over 10 years until just yesterday, it was in a display case at my dads house for quite sometime and then he moved and it got put into a box and that was when I forgot about it. I'm surprised the ink faded I mean yeah it is probably 15 to 20 years old but still, there are autographs much older that are still much more visible..maybe it has something to do with how thin the piece is..it is not like an actual card at all..it is now in a real hard case and put away in my dark dresser drawer. Hopefully it doesn't fade any more than it is. Anyways, thank you all for the comments it is probably my favorite autograph, just wish I could afford to buy a real card with his auto.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
If you're a big fan of his, you should check out his foundations website. It's got a ton of signed and unsigned stuff on it that you would probably find interesting. For someone who doesn't do public signings at the major shows across the country, I think they are reasonably priced. You can get a signed ball with hof inscription for $80 and that includes the price of a ball which is $20 these days. I've purchased a ball from them a few years ago and it comes with a nice coa from the foundation.

Dpendola

Apr 16, 2013
Ooh that sounds pretty interesting, I am definitely going to check that out, thank you for sharing that with me.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
That's a very nice and interesting piece. There is quite a bit of information available that might lead to the conclusion that that particular postcard was commonly used to answer through the mail autograph requests while Ryan was with the Rangers and contained an autopen signature. If you will google the terms "Nolan Ryan" and "autopen" you will see that particular post card comes up frequently in discussions.

Hopefully, this might take some of the sting out of the autograph fading.

Did you not see this OP? :confused:

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
Did you not see this OP? :confused:

Yes. It's fairly easy to read and understand. His point is that he recently found this ttm return from his childhood and that the auto has faded. My point is that it was most likely an autopened response, so hopefully that isn't as bad as having a real autograph that has faded.

I think this accurately summarizes both posts.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Yes. It's fairly easy to read and understand. His point is that he recently found this ttm return from his childhood and that the auto has faded. My point is that it was most likely an autopened response, so hopefully that isn't as bad as having a real autograph that has faded.

I think this accurately summarizes both posts.

His post following yours just seems confused, being it is not a Ryan autograph at all.

Members online

Latest posts