Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Name a movie in which baseball cards make an appearance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Laxcat

Sep 6, 2013
Does anyone remember Encyclopedia Brown? They did a how episode that was set at a card show. They had a made up player with a made up card that was a bastardization of a 1988 Donruss.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Clarissa explains it all did. Main character's brother collected cards. An episode of McGuyver had him chasing down a stolen card collection. Rain man as well(good ole Dustin Hoffman).

ArtVandelay

Jul 6, 2010
Home Alone
'89 Fleer Fred McGriff (I believe) is visible inside the box where his brother's money is. After the shelves fall down.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
"Mr. Baseball"

There's a seen in which Tom Selleck's character gives out what look like 1991 Upper Deck cards of himself instead of business cards to team executives and delivers the line, "And no sitting on my face." (It's considered impolite in Japan to put a person's business card in your back pocket.)

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
One of those random Disney sitcoms (I think it was Lizzie McGuire) had an episode where the son trades his fathers collection to get a Paul O'Neil base card to finish his set.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Who could forget the classic Rugrats episode where Tommy goes to a ballgame and, while crawling around the stadium, he overhears a baseball card trade deal going down involving a Vida Blue!

byronscott4ever

Dec 3, 2009
"Mr. Baseball"

There's a seen in which Tom Selleck's character gives out what look like 1991 Upper Deck cards of himself instead of business cards to team executives and delivers the line, "And no sitting on my face." (It's considered impolite in Japan to put a person's business card in your back pocket.)

I recall those UD inserts were hot for a while

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Cop and a Half with Tom Selleck. A guy's angry girlfriend starts tossing his baseball cards out of their apartment window. Episodes of My Brother and Me(old nickelodeon show) had the main characters trading basketball cards.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Cop and a Half with Tom Selleck. A guy's angry girlfriend starts tossing his baseball cards out of their apartment window. Episodes of My Brother and Me(old nickelodeon show) had the main characters trading basketball cards.

The guest star on that episode was Kendall Gill! A couple years ago my brother and me (pun intended) were at the Big Ten basketball tourney in Indianapolis and saw Gill standing around near the concession area. We ran up to him yelling "Ken-DALL GILL!" like Alfie and Dee-Dee. :D One of the greatest moments of my life.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Spoiler Alert

The end of the movie "Comic Book Villains" has a small twist, where the collection of comic that were the point of the movie end up being only half of the dude's collection.

Members online

Latest posts