Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nats Spring Training game - Desmond, Espinosa, Morse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jfnats

Aug 20, 2010
Had a great time at my first spring training game yesterday and managed to get a few signed OMLBs - Desmond, Espinosa, and Morse. FWIW, Desmond actually went out of his way to sign, both before and after the game. He's a great guy.

Not that I have a right to complain, but Morse signed my ball with someone else's Sharpie instead of the blue Bic pen I tried to hand him. Is this sig doomed, or is there anything I can do to preserve it?

jwc9p

Aug 25, 2010
Columbia, sC
jfnats said:
Had a great time at my first spring training game yesterday and managed to get a few signed OMLBs - Desmond, Espinosa, and Morse. FWIW, Desmond actually went out of his way to sign, both before and after the game. He's a great guy.

Not that I have a right to complain, but Morse signed my ball with someone else's Sharpie instead of the blue Bic pen I tried to hand him. Is this sig doomed, or is there anything I can do to preserve it?

Ian is the man. There is a saying around Nats park that I have heard a few say if you are having a bad day "Give us this day our daily Desmond" because you are always guaranteed a Desmond. Storen is very similar.

As for the black ball, I don't know what to tell you. Hopefully someone else can give better advice.

Finally, I dont mean to jack your thread jf and I certainly don't want all of you guys showing up but apparently Strasburg, Harper, and Kimball will all be at NatsFest next week. Odds that I come away with a Harper or Strasburg: 0-5% but, I'm saying there's a chance!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I have 1 Rawlings baseball (not an OMLB, but a leather ball) signed by Ron Mahey in Blue Sharpie, about 2 years ago, and it still looks the same. All I did was put it into a cube.

Synthetic leather baseballs are the no-nos as I have found out with sharpie/pen. I am going to have to replace all with signed OMLBs... some will be really hard too.

Members online

Latest posts