Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New to the hobby!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
011873 said:
Theres also a ton who have no idea that GU or autos are even produced. I cant tell you how many times Ive been TOLD that it cant actually be game used by a non/ past collector. Or that auto CANT be real.

Indeed. I was actually in the ignorance boat a mere three years or so ago. I was on temporary duty and one of the dudes collected cards. He bought a few packs to work one day and I was absolutely amazed at game used cards. I took a trip to the LCS there that weekend and picked up some Heritage and Topps Series 1 and the rest is history.

Also, I've heard the 'that autograph isn't from the player, is it?' thing when I show many people my collection. I think that you're right; a little public education would go a long way towards getting more people back into the hobby.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
sldorange91 said:
Well I'm a huge Braves and Nationals fan, mostly the Nats and for the record I was a fan BEFORE Strasburg ;)

How could I start out? Just get regular cards of players on the current roster?

I'd suggest spending some time reading here for a while before spending too much cash. Dable here and there and find what you like, but if you dive in without a ton of knowledge you'll find later on that you overspent on a bunch of stuff you wish you could get rid of for even half what you paid for it. I'm not saying you need to be an expert before you buy, but it will help you from getting burnt out as you learn more. Spend some time browsing completed ebay sales. Research what cards you want, what game used cards, what autos, and find out what they've been selling for. That will help prevent some buyer's remorse.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Welcome to the hobby, to FCB, to the funnest addiction you'll ever experience :D If you have a scanner, would love to see the Wagner bat card you pulled. Just find your niche, read as much as you can, ask questions here. FCB is a haven of knowledge, goodwill, and comraderie. :cool:

Members online