Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Now that 2011 Ginter Mania has started, check this out!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
That is fantastic! Congrats on an incredible mailday!

Are the autos the same as what were in the regular set? Or are there additional autos that were not in the set? I only ask because if there is an Adam Dunn from either year, I would love a shot at it.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Did Wong get anything else besides a card in next years set when he cracked the code?

So code has been around for past three years of A and G.
Codebreakers have been 2008 Wong, 2009 and 2010 Jacoby, 2011 I think Schmidtfan pulls the upset off and takes the title from Jacoby.

I kinda wouldn't mind seeing Jacoby 3 peat just to see the cry babies on blowout cry like 2 year olds when he wins it. Was funny reading thread they had on it when Nick won it for second time. Bunch a little babies.

njlw226

Jul 13, 2009
Matsuicollector - it's a special contest that Topps inserts into their A&G sets...do some google searching and you'll find a ton of info. Some people love it, others don't care it exists.

Matchpenalty - The TTM requests have definitely slowed down as of late. I only get to the PO box about once a week and lately I've been getting 4-5 a week. Towards the release of the set I'd say the average was maybe 40 requests a week, and it's slowly tapered down from there. Some people send me like 5 or 6 cards to sign. No one has asked me to sign any of the super short print items you mentioned, but I think I have signed a couple regular minis (including one for you I believe!). I'm sure they are limiting silks simply for the cost.

Muskiesfan - the autos are the same that were in the regular set, except there is unique 1/1 codebreaker frame on each. No Adam Dunn's, but being a big Reds fan I'm not sure that I'd give those up anyway :) (and yes everyone, I know he no longer plays there!) By the way, looks like you are Reds fan as well...be sure to check out my message on the back of my card from this year's set!

Matchpenalty #2: Wong didn't get an auto set when he cracked the code in 2008. I've gotten to know Jason a bit over the last couple years and he is a class act and one of the nicest people I've met. As for Blowout, my allegiance lies with FCB after how rude people were over there. I take nothing personal through this because we're only talking about baseball cards, but some people over there got a bit crazy. Not sure I'll go for the three-peat though, I may just help some people this year and let someone else be the winner.

To everyone who PM'd me, I'm not ignoring you, I'm just really busy with work right now so I'll get back to you when I can. Heading out of town for work for a week so I may not get to scanning any more until I get back, but I'll let everyone know when they're available for viewing!

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
Nick, why grade the Stras and Pujols? They are 1 of 1, don't see it adding much value imo. I would hang on to those if you could afford to! Those are incredible together!

Members online

Latest posts