Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Error and Variation Discussion/Reference Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dec 4, 2008
I read this thread and then picked up a sealed braves set on ebay for my chipper collection.

20160413_230315_resized.jpg

Then just got in all the way from Venezuela the other variation you talked about with multi stars. Funny that with the huge player collector star power on this second sheet (Griffey, Frank Thomas, Bonds, Piazza, Juan Gone) it is the Galarraga I will be marketing for the sale. Go figure.

1997 Crown Pro Sticker have 5 sticker teams sets (though I have only been able to identify four teams). Then they have random packs of all-stars (I have only seen one pack so far). These use the identical pictures of the team stickers, but have different numbering.)

View attachment 60722View attachment 60723

Last edited:

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I don't think anyone ever posted any images of the 1990 Fleer Toys R Us thick black border variation so her is a good example and there are more pics out here:

http://www.supercollectorcatalog.com/1990-fleer-toys-r-us-mvp-variation.html

attachment.php

There is actually a bottom border AND top border variation of these interestingly enough!

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Got to show this beauty off

Jeter front1460688590695.jpg

Torasco back1460688608841.jpg

And there's also mention of the play

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Dec 4, 2008
I have wondered about these too. Came across a Mike Greenwell 1994 leaf just like that in a promo lot I bought a few years back. Sorry, don't know much more but I have looked a handful of times and haven't seen others FWIW.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
The foil process was missed. Right above the first name should be the logo that was foil like the last name. Cool misprints though.

Ryan

Ryan check this one out. No Leyritz last name with an upside down foil Kevin Gross and an upside down Dodgers foil logo on back.

50e904r3.jpeg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Ryan check this one out. No Leyritz last name with an upside down foil Kevin Gross and an upside down Dodgers foil logo on back.

50e904r3.jpeg

They said, well if we are gonna mess it it, might as well mess it up big. With that if assume the entire sheet was turned 180 from what it should have been.

Do any of you guys have any Clark misprints to share?

Ryan

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
xhi3x4xr.jpeg

Bernie Williams pictured. Kevin Garnett named. No Topps logo on front and back is blank.

allsandberg

Jan 16, 2016
1993 Topps Finest Refractors

Sorry, this is probably not the place to ask this question, but I seem to get great answers with all the knowledge you guys have on this site.

How do you tell the difference between the 1993 Topps Finest and the Refractor. I have have several and they all look the same. Is there some designation I am missing or is it just the look on the front. Same for the 1994 Topps finest and refractor, just can't see a difference. Non are graded, so I don't know.

Hope someone can help,
Thanks, Keith

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Sorry, this is probably not the place to ask this question, but I seem to get great answers with all the knowledge you guys have on this site.

How do you tell the difference between the 1993 Topps Finest and the Refractor. I have have several and they all look the same. Is there some designation I am missing or is it just the look on the front. Same for the 1994 Topps finest and refractor, just can't see a difference. Non are graded, so I don't know.

Hope someone can help,
Thanks, Keith

Telling the difference between a regular card and a refractor is like love ... you just know.

In all seriousness, the refractor will pop rainbowy colors in the light. You will instantly know if you have seen them.

allsandberg

Jan 16, 2016
Telling the difference between a regular card and a refractor is like love ... you just know.

In all seriousness, the refractor will pop rainbowy colors in the light. You will instantly know if you have seen them.

Thanks Mouschi;
I appreciate your help and sense of humor. I held the cards in the sunlight and found that the easiest way for me to tell was the Name at the top of the cards.
Take care, Keith

Latest posts