Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Old time member memories

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
What did Phil Hughes post?

He didn't post anything Chris, it was a thread I started about a box I sold him:

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
I still lurk from time to time on here and Blowout. I think the BMB just caught lightning in a bottle and we were all at certain places in our lives and it filled a need that a lot of us don't have anymore. I was the same way on the old PSA boards and got my handful of bans over there. Now I am content to consume more content than I create.

Edit - wow look at my signature. Still looking for those cards, 13 years on.

Pills

Aug 7, 2008
Don't remember when I started on BMB. I remember the HUGE thread when Phil revealed himself. The thread was asking if any players were on the board, and it was 2004 so Phil's rookies were *big*. He just posted something plain like "I'm Phil Hughes". Some people believed him, some didn't, and then he put the picture up.

As for me, I severely slowed down collecting about 7-8 years ago due to money and room. Still get my annual Topps base and update sets. Picked it up a little in the last couple of years; unfortunately, I missed some REALLY good Bowman stuff. Just went through a bunch of old stuff and found my Yelich BC rookies, and a lot of other things that weren't stored where they should've been. Also going to start sending 500+ cards at a time to COMC. Would have likely been on my second already, but I've barely left the house for 5 weeks!

RIP Rich.

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I don't remember if I used the Beckett forum. IIf I did, it was probably not a lot or for too long. I have joined a number, most of them hardly posting or signing back in after the initial glow wore off. I did some trading on Beckett a long time back (in internet years), maybe 1996-99 time frame?

I recall spending most of my online forum time on the Topps message boards. When that got old, I moved mostly to The Bench and lastly, I now spend the majority of my time here. I don't see myself finding a new online home at this point, but you never know.

Members online

Latest posts