Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OMG!!!! Part 2

Is it worth it?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
More than that just since your posting, with 7 more days left.

Current bid: US $65,100.00

Is it worth it? Maybe to some people. I can think of quite a few moer things I'd rather buy. A Cadillac Escalade or bigger house come to mind.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Card Magnet said:
More than that just since your posting, with 7 more days left.

Current bid: US $65,100.00

Is it worth it? Maybe to some people. I can think of quite a few moer things I'd rather buy. A Cadillac Escalade or bigger house come to mind.

$71, 300 now :shock:

This things just keeps rising :shock:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I think this is only the 2nd 10 sold, and I think the other went for over 100K.

I couldn't find anyway to check that, but it seems to be it happened about 3 years ago.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I would have to say no. I myself could live with a 9.5 for $7000.00 and just spend the diffrence on something else. Now thats not to say I would not like that card but it would be hard for me to justify that price compared to a 9.5.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
mlbsalltimegreats said:
I would have to say no. I myself could live with a 9.5 for $7000.00 and just spend the diffrence on something else. Now thats not to say I would not like that card but it would be hard for me to justify that price compared to a 9.5.

Yea, but you have to look at it from the bidders perspective too. Is it worth it to middle to upper-middle class people? Of course not. It may be worth it to someone that has enough money to already own nice houses, cars, tv's, etc...

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
gt2590 said:
I think this is only the 2nd 10 sold, and I think the other went for over 100K.

I couldn't find anyway to check that, but it seems to be it happened about 3 years ago.

Is that the same card that is on the cover of the beckett in the pictures? If so, the cover says it's the first one ever graded 10.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Tomlinson21RB said:
mlbsalltimegreats said:

Yea, but you have to look at it from the bidders perspective too. Is it worth it to middle to upper-middle class people? Of course not. It may be worth it to someone that has enough money to already own nice houses, cars, tv's, etc...
Yea I thought about that also. I suppose that if I already had a couple of 9.5s and did not have to worry about money for the rest of my life I would probably go after it.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
What I'm most shocked about is that there are at least 7 different people willing to pay more than $75,000 for it. It's not a bidding war quite yet between two people.

It's a weird situation in my mind:

1. Obviously whoever is bidding on this card isn't worried about money.
2. No one gets rich enough to bid on this card by spending money on things like this.
3. The guy has to be single. :lol:

I don't think I could ever personally justify spending potentially $100,000+ on any card no matter how rich I was.