Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OT: What equipment do I need to ship online?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prospectmaster

I have noticed that most people nowadays that ship cards on ebay do there shipping online by USPS.com as opposed to going to the post office. I was just curious if someone knowledgeable could tell me how it works and would tell me what equiptment I need in order to print labels and weigh my packages over the internet? My mom and I went to staples today to look at some shipping scales and labelwriters and we still don't have a dang clue what I exactly need and how to set it up or how it works.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Really depends on how much you will be shipping. I only ship a few things a month so I can get by using a 5lb scale and a Dymo LabelWriter 400 Turbo. The Dymo prints my postage and deducts the money from PayPal... or any debit/credit card.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
i usually just estimate the weight. 1 OZ for a single "thin" card. 2 OZ for thicker GU/patch cards, and ive never had one come back. i also just use a regular printer and print the label and receipt on a 8.5x11 piece of paper and vut the label out & tape it to the bubble mailer. I dont ship a lot of stuff, if i did i would invest in a label printer.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I don't use a label writer. I just ship stuff through Paypal ShipNow. The money gets deducted from your account.

These labels are great. [ebay:pknbc5zy]200549746772[/ebay:pknbc5zy]

Shop around on the bay and you can find them for about 0.10 a sheet. The office supply stores are pretty high on them.

I don't have a scale. When you get cards in the mail, see what the ounces on the package say and just keep note. That's all I do.

Prospectmaster

How do you hook it up though? Does the scale and labelwriter hook up to the PC? Does the labelwriters print out different size labels because I am looking to use that sticky paper to just stick the label onto the bubble mailer as opposed to using tape to tape it onto it. If anyone could tell me I would appreciate it greatly.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
The scale I have is battery powered. So it just tells you what the item weighs.

0.8oz 1.2oz 1.8oz... you always round up.

The LabelWriter uses these labels for stamps

B000RPKDUU.jpg

I think they give you 10-20 when you buy it... the rest have to be ordered from Dymo..using the same source you use to pay for postage. Paying for postage is easy... just select how much you want to buy. $10, $25, $50 etc and it deducts right from your account....PayPal or Bank card.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
It's amazing. Can't believe I neverr did it before.

Buy a food scale at Walmart for $12 and the labels
http://cgi.ebay.com/1000-HALF-SHEET-LAB ... 336370231b

Then just print them through your printer.

The dymo works to, but you still have to address your envelopes and the labels are just more professional in my opinion.

Just keep in mind that your packages have to be atleast 1/2 an inch thick to ship with paypal shipping because it automatically adds deliver confirmation.

Prospectmaster

Yeah whatever scale I get I need it to be digital. Also I need a Label Machine that will print my address and the address I am sending to. I think there is something people on ebay use called Pitney Bowes? I want to make it till I don't have to write anything out anymore.

Prospectmaster

So do those half sheet sticky labels print off a regular printer or do I have to write it out? I have a Canon all in one center and was just wondering if I can print off the address and all that other stuff with the sticky paper on my printer.

Prospectmaster

Cool then I will just do that then. Thanks for the help and for making a little clearer to me since earlier today was the first day I went around town looking at different machines and stuff for this. Thanks again tonsofcommons. I guess I will be loading up on Printer Ink and label sheets.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
No problem, glad to help.

There is an option to not print the invoice along with the label. I don't print the invoice with the label to you can use all the labels.

Members online

Latest posts