Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question Regarding UD Hockey Patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
So Marro posted something in the Hockey Transactions forum, and I've never really looked at hockey.

Anyways, what the hell is Upper Deck using for their Legends Patches?

Steve Shutt has a lot of Green and Purple Patches in SPA and the CUP. SPA Rookie review has some weird coloured patches for Lanny McDOnald. There's some with that same green and purple junk.

So what are these? Are these old-timers games patches or something?

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
the Shutt patches are definitely from an Old-Timers game.

someone has posted a pic of the jersey before on here but I can't find it. hopefully someone still has the pic.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Does the hockey community think this is absolutely moronic? At least with the Ted Williams patches from 2009 Ultimate, it was a Red Sox Jersey from old-timers or whatever games.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
pigskincardboard said:
Does the hockey community think this is absolutely moronic? At least with the Ted Williams patches from 2009 Ultimate, it was a Red Sox Jersey from old-timers or whatever games.

There was some grumbles at first, but its been pretty much excepted for the most part, reason being is that there hasn't been a real big superstar player in Hockey to get them (Like compared to a Ted Williams). The Hockey guys have excepted the Shutts and Andersons, but if/when the Gretzky, Mario cards start getting these i would expect many pissed off people.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
G $MONEY$ said:
pigskincardboard said:

There was some grumbles at first, but its been pretty much excepted for the most part, reason being is that there hasn't been a real big superstar player in Hockey to get them (Like compared to a Ted Williams). The Hockey guys have excepted the Shutts and Andersons, but if/when the Gretzky, Mario cards start getting these i would expect many pissed off people.

Hockey's blessed with some pretty amazing patches just considering the size of the jerseys and I'd be cheesed with UD. On retired legends, I can't understand why you have Lanny McDonald patches from the Leafs when he's pictured in a Flames jersey and the reverse. This doesn't seem like baseball where they haven't got the pictures or are getting rid of old patches. This just seems like laziness and what not.

I can't understand even the slightest appeal of having a green patch for a montreal canadian or purple for an Oiler. ****, I'd almost rather have an event -- ie. the event is that they put on a Jersey from Sports Chek of their original team -- used jersey than some of this stuff.

I mean c'mon. One hockey jersey should literally give you about 300-400 really awesome patches.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
pigskincardboard said:
G $MONEY$ said:
pigskincardboard said:

Hockey's blessed with some pretty amazing patches just considering the size of the jerseys and I'd be cheesed with UD. On retired legends, I can't understand why you have Lanny McDonald patches from the Leafs when he's pictured in a Flames jersey and the reverse. This doesn't seem like baseball where they haven't got the pictures or are getting rid of old patches. This just seems like laziness and what not.

I can't understand even the slightest appeal of having a green patch for a montreal canadian or purple for an Oiler. quit swearing I'd almost rather have an event -- ie. the event is that they put on a Jersey from Sports Chek of their original team -- used jersey than some of this stuff.

I mean c'mon. One hockey jersey should literally give you about 300-400 really awesome patches.

Yeah the patches that dont match the picture on retired players irks be to no end and i agree it is absolute laziness and looks just awful. Just a couple years ago in Ultimate Collection Hockey they had the super patches of Al MacInnis. Really sweet vintage Calgary Flames patches that looked great because the patches looked really game used and old and then the picture of MacInnis is in a St Louis Blues uniform and the team is listed as Blues ::facepalm::

If i can find a pic of them ill post them later.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Oh found them already. Look at these patches. Just beautiful vintage Flames patches right off the MacInnis name plate. I would have been all over these cards but they picture him as a Blue ::facepalm::

WHY?? :x :x :x :x

ae387b.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts