Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

reminiscing: your first online trade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

n1astrosfn

Dec 4, 2008
charlotte
so, i dont know why but out of the blue i recalled my first online trade in the days of yore when aol ruled the internets. there was a forum called waxpack.com (i think thats right) and get this, i worked out a trade for a 1995 score gold rush parallel of jeff bagwell. all i had to trade was a 1994 finest base of ryne sandberg! me thinks the post office won that trade. :lol:

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
It was 8 months or so after I started on Topps. I made like 3 right in a row, but the first package I ever sent out was 20-30 49ers cards in trade for some Byron Leftwich stuff.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
My first web trade was with Bill Menard. He was trying to complete the 2004 Bowman Sterling refractor set and I had a Pujols jersey. Bill, if you are out there, did you ever finish off that refractor set?

He traded me this. I would like to think it was win-win for both of us.

06VerlanderAutoBowmanOriginals49-23.jpg

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
i cant remember the cards involved but it was with jrdalton24 on topps in 2006. he didnt make me send first and then told everyone i was good to go :D
a few months later i took a vacation to michigan and i stopped in marion, il to make an IP trade with him. he left a texas holdem game to come down to a truck stop on the interstate at 11 pm. great guy craig is, but i cannot find him on any boards. anybody heard from him recently?

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
The first trade I could find was December 18, 2004 and it was a 2005 Topps Miguel Tejada for a 2005 Topps Ichiro. Like I saw in another post, the Post Office won that round. I found my first eBay buy, too - a set of 2002 Donruss Classics for $8.51 on August 3rd, 2002.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
My first was on thebench. I didn't trust anyone on beckett at the time since they seemed about as pushy/shady as FCB is now...so I made the 20 trades, got rid of the must send first badge and haven't really looked back. No idea what I traded, probably some A&G for something of Andruw.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
My first trade online was in 1998 and was a Kerry Wood 98 Ultra 20k highlight masterpiece 1 of 1 for Griffey gu jersey(bv600-700) at the time, Gretzky auto, Kevin millwood ex essential credentials now or future, Tim salmon and jd drew best autos and a ton of inserts.

FLOUR

Jan 20, 2009
I recall trading my 2005 Topps Update Gold Andrew McCutchen RC for a 1986 Topps Traded Bo Jackson XRC. Whoops.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
archiebunkerjr said:
My first web trade was with Bill Menard. He was trying to complete the 2004 Bowman Sterling refractor set and I had a Pujols jersey. Bill, if you are out there, did you ever finish off that refractor set?

He traded me this. I would like to think it was win-win for both of us.

06VerlanderAutoBowmanOriginals49-23.jpg
menard.jpg

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
My first trade was with this kid on topps, never got my cards for some reason , I kinda remember it mightve been both our faults, or just my fault. I didn't scam him, just the deal got f'd up, so I didn't trade or sell anymore till I got on here!

Members online

Latest posts