Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
So I was wondering....what was the print run for 97 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Gold? It can't be 30 like some say on eBay. There are about 10-15 and I think most of us all have one. I know 96 was 30 not numbered and 97 Platinum is 30 serial'd.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
So wait, maybe I'm totally naive here - but I am stunned if this card is really worth this kind of money! Hell, why would a Rickey #'d out of 10, which is autographed, go for so much less than a card that there are 30 of?

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
So I was wondering....what was the print run for 97 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Gold? It can't be 30 like some say on eBay. There are about 10-15 and I think most of us all have one. I know 96 was 30 not numbered and 97 Platinum is 30 serial'd.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

I've always been told that the 96 and 97 had the same short runs....Mirror Gold / 30, Mirror Blue / 45, Mirror Red /90.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
The 1997 Mirror Gold's were never listed as 1 of 30, player collector's just assumed they were the same odds and mintage as 1996, but they are a lot more common. I've probably had 15 or so 1997 Clark's and only 1 1996 and I know George Calfas on here has a few players he has 60+ of from 1997. There is way more than 30 of each player on the market. I'd say more like 80 to 100

Oh and Rickey939, don't get to shocked when your inbox floods over with people taking you up on your $1000 offer, you'll get takers. That's a good deal. Even the 1996 Blue's and Red's are worth pretty good cash.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I have a 96 blue that I got cheap, and its /45. The reds are way expensive and they are /90. I think I got my Platinum pretty cheap too. I'll check my PayPal history at work tomorrow or sometime soon and find it.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Front10.jpg

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
So the info I am getting on the 1998 Crusade Prototypes for Rickey is this:
2 copies of the Greens, 1 each of the Red and Purple, non serial numbered.

Does anyone have any info they can share? This is the first I've ever heard of it. Supposedly the guy I've been talking to is going to try and get the guy he knows with one of the Greens to scan it.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
I personally own a Red Will Clark and I was emailed years ago from someone else claiming to have a Red as well and provided a scan of it. So, not sure about other players, but Clark might have at least 2 Red's. I had email saved, but computer crashed and was lost or I would email him again asking more info than I did at the time.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
I personally own a Red Will Clark and I was emailed years ago from someone else claiming to have a Red as well and provided a scan of it. So, not sure about other players, but Clark might have at least 2 Red's. I had email saved, but computer crashed and was lost or I would email him again asking more info than I did at the time.

But was Will included in the set as well?

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Speaking of prototypes.....how rare are the P&G promo? I don't have one, but would like a copy if somneone can get one. I just think the card is sweet looking. I think it's orange or purple? Also want to get one of the Tier 1 auto's. I wish the leading off was the auto, as I think that picture looks better, but the portrait is ok.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
But was Will included in the set as well?

Yep, he was in the regular set and the backdoored Series 2. He was in the non Call to Arms in the Series 1, but was in the Call to Arms in the unreleased Series 2. Most players have 1 of each (non Call to Arms and Call to Arms), but that isn't that way for everyone. I personally sold a Mo Vaughn from the unreleased ones and it was a Call to Arms, just like his regular issued Crusade was, just used a different picture and obviously had a different card number.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
So the info I am getting on the 1998 Crusade Prototypes for Rickey is this:
2 copies of the Greens, 1 each of the Red and Purple, non serial numbered.

Does anyone have any info they can share? This is the first I've ever heard of it. Supposedly the guy I've been talking to is going to try and get the guy he knows with one of the Greens to scan it.

I have both the regular version of ARod's Purple as well as his Prototype Purple version. I was just informed by someone on these boards the other day that he knows where both the Red and Green ARod Prototypes are as well. Gracecollector has all six versions of the Mark Grace. I can't tell you a checklist or a print run but I do know they are impossible to find. If you ever find a Crusade with the card number being above #130 then it is a Prototype. Have you seen any scans of a Rickey?

Members online

Latest posts