Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
You mean the prices I gave? Really real. I just don't know when most of them went down...

kryslarry said:
RL24 said:
I don't have one, but here are the ebay sales I've kept track of over the last 9 years...

$380 (wish I would have made better notes about this when... condition, when it sold, etc)

$1355(BVG7)

$1400(SGC88)

$2050(PSA8) 9/2006

I thought I paid $1300 for my SGC 88?

I would believe it, you bought yours rather recently(ish), after I quit keeping track of prices. There could be more than one 88, or maybe somebody lost $100 when they sold you theirs. OR, did you pay $100 for s/h? :lol: Sometimes I add the s/h in. I'm confident that my list is infallible, so an error on my part is out of the question. :? I kid.

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
RL24 said:
You mean the prices I gave? Really real. I just don't know when most of them went down...

kryslarry said:
RL24 said:
I don't have one, but here are the ebay sales I've kept track of over the last 9 years...

$380 (wish I would have made better notes about this when... condition, when it sold, etc)

$1355(BVG7)

$1400(SGC88)

$2050(PSA8) 9/2006

I thought I paid $1300 for my SGC 88?

I would believe it, you bought yours rather recently(ish), after I quit keeping track of prices. There could be more than one 88, or maybe somebody lost $100 when they sold you theirs. OR, did you pay $100 for s/h? :lol: Sometimes I add the s/h in. I'm confident that my list is infallible, so an error on my part is out of the question. :? I kid.

Nah, you're probably right. I just can't believe that I paid that for a card. Maybe in twenty years, I'll convince myself it was only $140 dollars. Senility would help. :D

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
Jack Straw said:
Um I thought I overpaid for my Griffey at 80.00 :eek:

You did. :lol: Just kidding. Any Griffey is just not the same though. It is like comparing a mint 2011 mass produced rookie to a mint 1952 Topps Mantle. Just not the same league. The Griffey is a great looking card, full color, #1 in a new set and a must have for rookie collectors. I have 2 that are just stunning and I love them. It is a true icon, and unmistakable to any collector. But, the Henderson is Black and White, grainy, poor quality photo, blank backed and most were miscut or stained. But when you have one, oh, to hold it in your hand, it is like nothing else if you're a Henderson fan. The card set has a great back story, you hardly ever see one, most collectors won't part with them and the price, for what it is, is unreal. It is almost as if it hums and resonates when you hold it. I would sell ALL of my 1/1 Henderson cards before I got rid of my '77 Chong, and that is saying something.
IMG_0416.jpg
It looks like a stain on the right side of the photo, but it is just my shadow.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
kryslarry said:
Jack Straw said:
Um I thought I overpaid for my Griffey at 80.00 :eek:

You did. :lol: Just kidding. Any Griffey is just not the same though. It is like comparing a mint 2011 mass produced rookie to a mint 1952 Topps Mantle. Just not the same league. The Griffey is a great looking card, full color, #1 in a new set and a must have for rookie collectors. I have 2 that are just stunning and I love them. It is a true icon, and unmistakable to any collector. But, the Henderson is Black and White, grainy, poor quality photo, blank backed and most were miscut or stained. But when you have one, oh, to hold it in your hand, it is like nothing else if you're a Henderson fan. The card set has a great back story, you hardly ever see one, most collectors won't part with them and the price, for what it is, is unreal. It is almost as if it hums and resonates when you hold it. I would sell ALL of my 1/1 Henderson cards before I got rid of my '77 Chong, and that is saying something.
IMG_0416.jpg
It looks like a stain on the right side of the photo, but it is just my shadow.

Very well put. Thanked.

Taliasen

Feb 3, 2011
Michigan
I have seen a few copies of the 1977 Chong. I just got my 1979 TCMA graded. Does anyone have a scan of the 1992 score P&G sample though?

Tal

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Is that a stain on the right side of the card, or your shadow? :lol:

I don't know why, I thought it was funny. You guys need scanners.... :!:

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Not sure yet how to respond, but just want to show everyone how the drama has now manifested itself over in the 90's thread...

AndruwHRJones said:
henderson939 said:
True Brad the Bagwell is a 1/1. It was the Grand Prize card. You would think that most of the player collectors would already have these since they are so common. All you need to do, is know how to use Ebay search. :D

I agree with Fandruw as well. Maybe not with the way he said it in the Henderson thread. But it wasn't too difficult to find on ebay once manofsteel started contacting everyone who needed a redemption card and stated he had multiple sets. Also, was very curious that he had multiple Andruw's for sale but yet none were available on ebay at the time. As soon as he sold me one for $8, one finds its way to ebay and promptly doesn't sell for the minimum bid. And who is selling it, manofsteel. I am all for people making a buck. But the way manofsteel went about making his bucks was a little deceiving, especially on a board where many of us help each other for free. So if you want to bust anyone's balls, look no further than manofsteel. He tried buying the original seller on ebay out and thought he could rape the board player collectors before listing them on ebay. All the while, knowing he had way more sets in hand than there were player collectors on this board. Unfortunately for manofsteel, the original seller had way more sets than he originally told manofsteel. Now Fandruw has some sets and thus the drama. **End of Cliff Notes on the Redemption Sets**

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
It's very strange that on a board full of prospectors, where there are daily threads made by people boasting about how much money they made flipping cards, I am just now learning that making money is a bad thing here and everybody just gives everything away for free.

Bizarre.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
ManOfSteal said:
Not sure yet how to respond, but just want to show everyone how the drama has now manifested itself over in the 90's thread...

AndruwHRJones said:
henderson939 said:
True Brad the Bagwell is a 1/1. It was the Grand Prize card. You would think that most of the player collectors would already have these since they are so common. All you need to do, is know how to use Ebay search. :D

I agree with Fandruw as well. Maybe not with the way he said it in the Henderson thread. But it wasn't too difficult to find on ebay once manofsteel started contacting everyone who needed a redemption card and stated he had multiple sets. Also, was very curious that he had multiple Andruw's for sale but yet none were available on ebay at the time. As soon as he sold me one for $8, one finds its way to ebay and promptly doesn't sell for the minimum bid. And who is selling it, manofsteel. I am all for people making a buck. But the way manofsteel went about making his bucks was a little deceiving, especially on a board where many of us help each other for free. So if you want to bust anyone's balls, look no further than manofsteel. He tried buying the original seller on ebay out and thought he could rape the board player collectors before listing them on ebay. All the while, knowing he had way more sets in hand than there were player collectors on this board. Unfortunately for manofsteel, the original seller had way more sets than he originally told manofsteel. Now Fandruw has some sets and thus the drama. **End of Cliff Notes on the Redemption Sets**

Brad I apologize. I just couldnt resist.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
So Ken did you get my email? I've been sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for a reply! LoL. It's all good, I know you're punishing me and I deserve it.... sigh.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
henderson939 said:

What is the difference between this and the regular card? The scan is too dark to see. Did the whole set have samples made or was it just Henderson?

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Mozzie22 said:
henderson939 said:

What is the difference between this and the regular card? The scan is too dark to see. Did the whole set have samples made or was it just Henderson?

Not sure who was included in the sample set, but for some reason Rickey was included as a sample, but was not included in the regular set. So, this sample is actually the only P&G card that Rickey has.

Members online