Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
RL24 said:
henderson939 said:
Dave used to be Rh35 on ebay. I think that 2 of the albums dont work. The rest do.

RH35 rings a bell... where was he when I invited everybody over? Might have missed him...

About the 2 albums, that would make sense with my luck. I tried 2 of them, and neither worked. :?

Hes back on Ebay under a new name. He has been away from Ebay for a long while due to work. He hopes to get back in the game soon.

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
henderson939 said:
Here is a nice website put together by my good buddy and fellow Henderson collector Dave. I sent a ton of pics to him on this project, but he was the mastermind behind it. I think it is a great resource for Henderson collectors and if anyone has anything not pictured, let him know. Enjoy all the eye candy.

http://therickeyhendersoncollection.com/Home_Page.php

Wow!! Thanks great stuff!!!

John

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
I know a lot of you guys don't consider them much but I love the blank backs, wrong backs, no gold and oversized odd ball cards just as much as a tough insert. I noticed a a 90 Post blank bank another I have never seen. I see a 92 Stadium Club over sized another card I have never
seen. Thanks the witch hunt begins..

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
Jack Straw said:
. Thanks the witch hunt begins..

Isn't it great to find out 15 years later that a card exists. If you haven't seen it since it came out, it is always so much tougher to get later. As you said, the hunt begins...

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I've been meaning to post this for a while because I'm pretty sure someone here will want it. I've had some of the 1983 Test Sticker Strips for a while, but I never realized they placed all the Hendersons in such a way that the strips could be displayed together to make the complete picture until I recently picked up a complete set.

photo-12.jpg

$18 DLVD to first interested party.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
ManOfSteal said:
What do you guys think of the Rickey Blackless on eBay right now?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1982-Topps-Rickey-H ... _500wt_922

It's being sold as a reproduction, but it's currently at $43, so quite a few people are willing to take a chance that it's real.

That is interesting... does anybody have a blackless? are the backgrounds different? I don't see how you could remove the black from a regular one. If it was a counterfeit or reprint why wouldn't they make the background like a blackless instead of regular? All very puzzling.

Or maybe the guy just doesn't believe his luck?

I picked several of these 1982 Topps Blackless type cards in a dime box at a recent local show. This card has the normal green colored back found on regular issued 1982 Topps cards. If these were genuine Blackless Variation cards, I most certainly wouldn’t have found them in a dime box.

dietdew

Apr 29, 2010
RL24 said:
ManOfSteal said:

It's being sold as a reproduction, but it's currently at $43, so quite a few people are willing to take a chance that it's real.

That is interesting... does anybody have a blackless? are the backgrounds different? I don't see how you could remove the black from a regular one. If it was a counterfeit or reprint why wouldn't they make the background like a blackless instead of regular? All very puzzling.

I picked several of these 1982 Topps Blackless type cards in a dime box at a recent local show. This card has the normal green colored back found on regular issued 1982 Topps cards. If these were genuine Blackless Variation cards, I most certainly wouldn’t have found them in a dime box.

I bought one of these of another player from this seller knowing it probably wasn't real. It looks like a photocopy glued over a normal card back. It's very apparent from the side and back because the two layers don't match up perfectly on the edges.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
dietdew said:
RL24 said:
ManOfSteal said:

I bought one of these of another player from this seller knowing it probably wasn't real. It looks like a photocopy glued over a normal card back. It's very apparent from the side and back because the two layers don't match up perfectly on the edges.

Very good to know! You have been thanked for your valuable input...

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
RL24 said:
dietdew said:
RL24 said:
ManOfSteal said:

He has a bunch of these up, and I looked at the Nolan Ryan too. If you look closely, the card looks as dietdew stated, pasted on a front cover. The back is way off center and the front is pretty well centered. The top left of the front and on the bottom seem to be two layers. I never would have looked if dietdew hadn't stated what is now obvious. I was hoping that maybe the seller got lucky and we could benefit. Now, I don't think so. Oh well, the search goes on.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Wow, it's up to almost $180 now! Whoever gets a hold of is really going to be pissed once they see how fake it is!
kryslarry said:
RL24 said:
dietdew said:
RL24 said:
ManOfSteal said:

He has a bunch of these up, and I looked at the Nolan Ryan too. If you look closely, the card looks as dietdew stated, pasted on a front cover. The back is way off center and the front is pretty well centered. The top left of the front and on the bottom seem to be two layers. I never would have looked if dietdew hadn't stated what is now obvious. I was hoping that maybe the seller got lucky and we could benefit. Now, I don't think so. Oh well, the search goes on.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
RL24 said:
So another great Yankees game. Although the odds were against it, a CC game was blacked out on Sunday night. There's only one game, so it can't be the Yankees that often, ok almost always but... CC only pitches every 6 days or so. Despite the odds, it was CC's turn to pitch, and Sunday night, and I was blacked out.

Those were my thoughts last Monday morning. CC pitches every 6 days or so alright... this time it was 7 days. For the second consecutive week he pitched on Sunday night baseball. What are the odds!? If the lotto was based on bad luck I think I would win it. :| CC's worst performance of the season, but he did have the lead when he left and was all set up for his first W of the year. Of course, he did not get it.

It's a lot different cheering for a pitcher than it is cheering for Rickey. Back in the day I would always check the newspaper in the morning to see how Rickey did the day before. :lol: The good old days. If he sucked he would go 0-4. It's not that bad, and he gets to try again today. It's not like that with a SP. They can suck really bad, way worse than a batter going 0-4. And then you just have to dwell on it for 5 games.

On the other hand, while it would be cool to see my favorite player play every day (wish they had mlb.tv in 1990) it's a lot bigger deal when it's only once a week. So it all works out in the end... I'm just happy he's not a reliever! It sucked trying to follow Jason Jennings when he was in the bullpen. He'd go days without playing and then play 3 games in a row.

I played with baseball cards while listening to the game last night, it was a good time. I have a ton of cards that I received in the mail but never did anything with. They're just in a box. Including some great 24's that I got in trades from Brad and Ken. Thanks guys! :mrgreen: I need to scan some of these beauties. I got this one card, I guess I wasn't so impressed reading about it on paper, when we were doing the trade...

2001 Leaf Certified Mirror Gold #21 #24/25

When I was holding it in my hand last night, my socks were blown off. What a sweeeet effing card. And this one is pretty amazing too!

2001 Fleer Feel the Game Gold Bat #35/50

I'll try to add scans soon...

Members online

Latest posts