Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Roger Clemens to pitch on Saturday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pl...news.asp?sport=MLB&id=1417&line=374856&spln=1

Roger Clemens has signed a contract with the Sugar Land Skeeters of the independent Atlantic League.

Clemens was hitting 87 mph with his fastball during a workout for the team on Monday and will make his starting debut on Saturday. The 50-year-old right-hander last appeared in a major league game in 2007 with the Yankees. This isn't part of some grand comeback.

Last edited:

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Good for him, I guess?

Not really sure what he's doing other than a publicity stunt

I think he might be the next Jose Canseco. He will be on a reality show before too long... and jump in the boxing ring too.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
skeeters.jpg

Last edited:

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Although I do not respect him as a baseball player or as a human being, I certainly respect his right to play baseball if a team will have him. Everyone deserves a chance to do what they want to do as long as it isn't hurting anyone.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
So the Astros will be there. If he signs an MLB deal, this is solely to postpone HOF eligibility until Bonds is the guinea pig.

Clemens is a ****** and this is hardly for the love of baseball.

Sent from a handheld, intergalactic communicator.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Although I do not respect him as a baseball player or as a human being, I certainly respect his right to play baseball if a team will have him. Everyone deserves a chance to do what they want to do as long as it isn't hurting anyone.

I respect him plenty.

Sitting back and acting high and mighty about a situation that you don't have all the facts of and you have no clue how you would act if it were you is kinda wrong.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Honestly, hitting 87 MPH at age 50 is damn impressive. Prior scandal or not, you have to respect his intent to even play again at that age. I know I respect it and find it to be intriguing.

Hell, that's only 4 MPH slower than some guys much younger and in the majors.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I respect him plenty.

Sitting back and acting high and mighty about a situation that you don't have all the facts of and you have no clue how you would act if it were you is kinda wrong.

Tons of information is available about him, its not wrong to make a judgment. Hell, half the judgments made here by people without measurable baseball experience are made with a lot less info ;)

Eamon

Jun 16, 2010
I have no doubt that jamie moyer could hit 87 if he pulled back and gave it everything he got... oh and he was pitching in the majors... THIS YEAR... not 5 years ago.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I bet he doesn't travel with the team! [snarky comment /off]

He didn't travel with the Astros...he's not riding some bus from the airport to Camden.

Let's be honest here...he's not really on the team. It's publicity for the team, the league and Clemens. Nothing more. Well, I'm sure he's hoping he can pitch one game for Houston this year to bump his HOF eligibility back 5 years so he doesn't have to be the guinea pig with Bonds.

Sent from a handheld, intergalactic communicator.

Latest posts