Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

******** Saturday Morning Thread ***************

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
man my last TTM was about 2 years ago. I haven't done that in a LONG time

I just started this year. It gave me something to do in between classes when I was away at school, and I've just continued to do it throughout the summer. I started working on getting 2 different sets signed which was a bad idea :lol:

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Good day all.

Had no internet for about 29 hours. It was nice to be free from it from a day, except all my class registration and job applications are online.

Anyways, I got in a bunch of stuff today, which none of you are interested in I'm guessing.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I just started this year. It gave me something to do in between classes when I was away at school, and I've just continued to do it throughout the summer. I started working on getting 2 different sets signed which was a bad idea :lol:

Getting sets done is "almost" impossible, but it's sure fun to try!

I'm working on 87 Fleer myself.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I agree. I'm at 30/350 for 2008 ginter and I think I'm around 8-10/165 for 2012 draft

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Good afternoon guys. I hope it's going well for everyone.

I'm back. I had all intentions of hanging around here today, but I shaved my head, ran a couple of errands, did the laundry, and counted up my Reds autographs.

If anyone is interested, I have a grand total of 292 Reds autographs from 111 different Reds players. I need to get some scans and pics uploaded so I can show off some of this stuff.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Anyone know good prices to sell a 2006 and 2009 ginter set for? Put both together, but going to move them.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Wife's niece pitches on a 8th / 9th grade team ----- she's #1 pitcher BUT only in 6th grade . Well she was to pitch today so we drove to watch only to be rained out . Glad it was nearby because we have MIL that's in a wheelchair and not out of car when storm hit .
Down sizing items I take to stadium - only four nights left , only about $1200 less made from last year .
Shifting my Ebay to more football UGH all that new posting .
Muskie ; show us the odd autos

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Scanning the break I did today. Bought more than I had planned, but it was too hard to resist. Here's a rundown of what I opened-

2010 Bowman Draft- 8 rack packs
2012 Topps Value Box (5 Series One packs and 2 Heritage Hobby)
2013 Allen and Ginter
2012 Bowman Chrome
2013 Allen and Ginter Blaster

We were out of town shopping (an hour away) and while there we heard an ad on the radio. The store was called something along the lines of "Game Time." I wanted to hear the whole ad just to see what it was with a small hope that they would have some cards. The store is 97.9% Magic, 2% video games, and 0.1% sports cards. They had boxes of 2011, 2012, and 2013 Heritage, 2012 Finest, 2012 Bowman Platinum, 2013 Series One and Two, and a few others that I can't recall, along with some football. I picked the 2012 Chrome for $75.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Barry- I'm not sure if you mean lesser known players or autos on odd things or whatever. I don't have much, but here's a couple of things.

muskiesfan-albums-ttm-2-picture20245-lg-wayne-granger.jpg

muskiesfan-albums-ttm-2-picture20244-lg-pedro-borbon.jpg

muskiesfan-albums-ttm-2-picture20243-lg-john-edwards.jpg

muskiesfan-albums-ttm-2-picture20242-lg-clay-carroll.jpg

muskiesfan-albums-ttm-2-picture20241-lg-bernie-carbo.jpg

My dad gave me all of the autographs. They're on slips of paper. Some of the paper is reddish/pink. He and his little brother would get autographs from Reds players and then cut the pieces of paper up into weird little shapes. I cropped them to be square, so you can't really tell. You can see that the Wayne Granger one has a diagonal cut on the upper left hand corner. I asked him why they cut them up. He said he has no idea. He said they would just cut designs around the autographs. :lol:

muskiesfan-albums-ttm-2-picture20246-2012-helmet-4.JPG

This one from RedsFest last year. It's tough to see, but Sam LeCure signed under Clay Carroll. Crystal had him inscribe it "Mustache Power". :lol:

This one is not from my Reds collection, but probably the most odd of my autos

muskiesfan-albums-ttm-2-picture20248-lee-smith-baseball.JPG

From meeting Lee Smith at the National a couple of years ago. I helped work the line, so he and I talked a lot. He's really funny. He signed autographs for us from the FCB booth. On the sweet spot, he signed his name and 478 Saves. On the panel beneath, you can see he signed A XXXX Load of K's. :lol:

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Scans are uploaded! If anybody wants anything let me know! I think I'm going to hold the Bauer for now. Should I redeem it now and just hope that I get it? The Lawrie die-cut is already spoken for as well. Other than that, I think everything should be up for grabs. The Seager GU is damaged and /199. It has creases around the window. The other USA GU is /50. Overall, I don't think I'll get anywhere near my money back unless Bauer turns it around soon. I did destroy the odds overall though! The Bauer RC auto is 1:1545, The Blue USA GU is 1:53, the red is 1:220, CJ Wilson is 1:29.

scan0024_zps77a1a433.jpg

scan0025_zps9eab6178.jpg

scan0026_zpsb262521e.jpg

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc

I have about 100 I need to file , I get about four tickets signed by several players each week night .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts