Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Smyly gets Tigers fifth starter spot... Inge released?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justwar

Aug 7, 2008
The Tigers have decided to give Smyly the fifth starter spot. And, right now there are UNSUBSTANTIATED reports that they will release Brandon Inge (more on Inge if it becomes available). The way Raeburn has been hitting this spring basically guarantees him a spot (either LF, DH, or second) and Santiago has never really received a fair shot at second. With our current infield though, Santiago's defense might be crucial.

Smyly info
http://www.freep.com/article/20120401/S ... t-rotation

Just reporting what I hear,
Justin

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
justwar said:
The Tigers have decided to give Smyly the fifth starter spot. And, right now there are UNSUBSTANTIATED reports that they will release Brandon Inge (more on Inge if it becomes available). The way Raeburn has been hitting this spring basically guarantees him a spot (either LF, DH, or second) and Santiago has never really received a fair shot at second. With our current infield though, Santiago's defense might be crucial.

Smyly info
http://www.freep.com/article/20120401/S ... t-rotation

Just reporting what I hear,
Justin
April Fools

Thanks Topps ;)

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Surprising to hear about Smyly, I didn't think he was even in the running for a starting spot.

Looking at the depth chart, the Tigers are going to score a ton of runs this year. It's scary to think what the lineup would look like with a healthy Victor Martinez.

Their defense and pitching will need to be consistent to make them a championship contender. With Verlander and Fister at the top of the rotation and some good starts in spring from Porcello and Scherzer, I'm confident the pitching will be there. It's just a matter of whether the defense can hold it together because other than Avila and AJax, the other 6 positions are average or worse defensively.

Members online

Latest posts