Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sometimes setting a high BIN pays off....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
Listed this card Saturday night with a BIN/BO of $95.99.

uzt5.jpg

I figured I might get an offer in the $20 range, but no higher than $30. I didn't care one way or the other if the card sold, just wanted to see if there was much interest in it. I have seen most of the patches #'d /10 go for less than $20. Someone hit the BIN early this morning and has already paid.

petesahuttt

Sep 15, 2010
I love when that happens :) There is a big Vizquel collector out there, looks like he found your auction! Congrats!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I think that set has a couple serious completists, but maybe the local Vizquel collector had to have it.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Could of been [MENTION=3600]VizquelCollector.com[/MENTION] from here. I don't know of a bigger Vizquel collector out there but who knows... if he needed it, price probably wasn't an issue considering it's /10

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I sold a Ripken /10 that I thought would go for around $30.. I think I got over $100 since there were two guys bidding on it one of them is a member on FCB..

They needed it for their set..

Good job..

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Could of been @VizquelCollector.com from here. I don't know of a bigger Vizquel collector out there but who knows... if he needed it, price probably wasn't an issue considering it's /10

Wasn't me! I did see this but would have a hard time paying $95 for it... even if I didn't already have 3 of them. :twisted:

There are several people who are frequently buying his cards in the last year or so, and often paying outrageous $$$. I can't figure out if they don't know any better, or what's going on. I've seen cards /100 go for $25 to $30 which I've almost never seen happen in nearly 20 years. Still stunned at the price, though. I hope it's a set collector.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Wasn't me! I did see this but would have a hard time paying $95 for it... even if I didn't already have 3 of them. :twisted:

There are several people who are frequently buying his cards in the last year or so, and often paying outrageous $$$. I can't figure out if they don't know any better, or what's going on. I've seen cards /100 go for $25 to $30 which I've almost never seen happen in nearly 20 years. Still stunned at the price, though. I hope it's a set collector.
You know who the guy or guys are?

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas

I'd like to see pictures of the 3 that you have as well as the rest of you collection.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
WOW!I have the same card. I better list that sucker and see what I can get out of it. I think I have a couple other patches from that set as well. Time to list!!!

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Nice sale, congrats! Sometimes people just want the card and don't care what it takes to put it in their collection. From a selling standpoint, best to list high and let people make offers rather than list too low and leave money on the table.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
I'd like to see pictures of the 3 that you have as well as the rest of you collection.

OK, will do. Coincidentally my website should be back up by the weekend, but I only have cards through about 2001 scanned/edited/posted. Later I can post a pic of those 3 here though...

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009

Thank you, and here you go! I have to admit I'm feeling a little envious... would rather move one of these for $100 and use that cash toward a card I still don't have. Maybe I'll list something nice at a stupid price and see what happens. Anyway, I'll add a few more pics for fun later.

group1.jpg

group2.jpg

group3.jpg

group4.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts