Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

St. Louis Cardinals Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
According to the SCD Annual, "163 cards were part of the Donruss Team Set. Packs consisted solely of players from one of 11 different teams. Cards were sold in 5-card packs for $1.99 each." There's a 3x multiplier for the Pennant Edition cards, but no print run of any sort is given. Gotta be much less than the usual Donruss print run, and the Pennants are less than the Team set, but no idea on actual numbers. Seems like nobody likes to split these up, so I had to buy a set. Here's my 97 Donruss Gaetti "rainbow." Base, Silver and Gold Press Proofs, Team Set and Pennant Edition.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Had these for awhile, just buried with some other cards.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    878.8 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    919.3 KB · Views: 18

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
You're just in buying mode aren't you sin? Funny how that seems to happen when baseball actually starts (I've fallen victim as well...)

Anyone here have an extra Keith McDonald auto available?

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
You're just in buying mode aren't you sin? Funny how that seems to happen when baseball actually starts (I've fallen victim as well...)

Anyone here have an extra Keith McDonald auto available?

I'm always in buying mode, just got a new upgraded camera to take pictures of it all.What have you been picking up?

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Haha, that is so Topps to have the wrong jersey in the card.What does it look like?

Guess I had two.

10177506_10153992007645082_9029007635847415196_n.jpg

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
That would bug the hell out of me that the jersey is Yankees.I loved Topps Reserve, wish they would have continued that.

Yeah, I just went through my box of cards to find those. Was pleasantly surprised to see the bat card in there.

I was always a huge Tino fan. Have his Cardinals jersey. Almost got in a fight on the MetroLink after a game for wearing it.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Yeah, I just went through my box of cards to find those. Was pleasantly surprised to see the bat card in there.

I was always a huge Tino fan. Have his Cardinals jersey. Almost got in a fight on the MetroLink after a game for wearing it.

I liked him too.Thought he would be more productive the 2 years he took over for McGwire.What happened on Metrolink?

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I liked him too.Thought he would be more productive the 2 years he took over for McGwire.What happened on Metrolink?

I wore the jersey to a game the year after Tino left, and on the ride back to my car some dude just started shouting at me telling me I'm pretty brave for wearing that jersey around St. Louis and I better be careful, blah blah. I told him to shut the hell up, we exchanged words, someone stepped in between us, he sat back down, I got off the train soon after. I wouldn't have got mouthy back if I thought he was just joking around. But he was being serious.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I wore the jersey to a game the year after Tino left, and on the ride back to my car some dude just started shouting at me telling me I'm pretty brave for wearing that jersey around St. Louis and I better be careful, blah blah. I told him to shut the hell up, we exchanged words, someone stepped in between us, he sat back down, I got off the train soon after. I wouldn't have got mouthy back if I thought he was just joking around. But he was being serious.

Probably the same fool who was burning Pujols jerseys when he left.I still wear my Pujols shirt, and would do so to a game without even thinking about it.

Will we ever get to see your Schwackhamer collection?

Members online