Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

St. Louis Cardinals Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Hullfan said:
While I was going through that lot I bought off ebay, I threw a couple of cards aside that were bent. My 7 year old daughter comes in and says "Dad, you know you dropped one of your cards". I said who is it? She says "C*nt Hurdle" I had her repeat it and my wife just blushed. I had her show me the card and ....

Hurdle.jpg

Haha, great stuff

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Ryan The Orange said:
Apparently this didn't post...

Blair.jpg

Get that TTM? I've completely struck out on my springtraining TTM's. Not a good start for me, especially when trying something new.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Hullfan said:
While I was going through that lot I bought off ebay, I threw a couple of cards aside that were bent. My 7 year old daughter comes in and says "Dad, you know you dropped one of your cards". I said who is it? She says "C*nt Hurdle" I had her repeat it and my wife just blushed. I had her show me the card and ....

Hurdle.jpg

Heh, funny story.I had that same card and had Hurdle sign it when he was manager with the Rockies.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
rookieaddict said:
Ryan The Orange said:
Apparently this didn't post...

Blair.jpg

Get that TTM? I've completely struck out on my springtraining TTM's. Not a good start for me, especially when trying something new.

Who have you tried?I've sent out a bunch too and stuck out on most of them.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
SINFULONE said:
rookieaddict said:

Yes, I received that back TTM after 35 days. Here is who I have tried (I am only 5/18... rougher spring than normal).

Adam Wainwright
Mariano Rivera
Shelby Miller
Daniel Descalso
Mark Buehrle
Seth Blair - 35 DAYS
Mark McGwire
Josh Hamilton
Michael Cuddyer
Pat Neshek - 10 DAYS
Clayton Kershaw
Adam Jones
Marc Rzepczynski - 17 DAYS
Mariano Rivera
Tyrell Jenkins
Joba Chamberlain
Ryan Ludwick
John Axford - 9 DAYS
Edwin Jackson
Rich Hill
Jamie Moyer - 12 DAYS

Descalso, Hamilton, Cuddyer, and Kershaw normally sign with very long wait times, so I am not writing them off.
Jenkins responded to a tweet of mine saying that he would sign his fan mail.
Adam Jones tweeted a picture yesterday of all of his fan mail and said he was signing it.
Mark Buehrle has been a very good TTM signer in the past... I'm curious to see if he will be signing this year with a new team.

So potentially, I could end up 12/18 if I am lucky.

PujolsCollector said:
Does herzog still sign ttm?

Sure does. $5 a card. Address is: 4426 Sappington East Drive St. Louis MO 63127

Here are the two cards I have gotten from him:

Herzog.jpg

Heritagezog.jpg

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Ryan The Orange said:
SINFULONE said:
rookieaddict said:

Yes, I received that back TTM after 35 days. Here is who I have tried (I am only 5/18... rougher spring than normal).

Adam Wainwright
Mariano Rivera
Shelby Miller
Daniel Descalso
Mark Buehrle
Seth Blair - 35 DAYS
Mark McGwire
Josh Hamilton
Michael Cuddyer
Pat Neshek - 10 DAYS
Clayton Kershaw
Adam Jones
Mariano Rivera
Tyrell Jenkins
Joba Chamberlain
Ryan Ludwick
John Axford - 9 DAYS
Edwin Jackson
Rich Hill
Jamie Moyer - 12 DAYS

Descalso, Hamilton, Cuddyer, and Kershaw normally sign with very long wait times, so I am not writing them off.
Adam Jones tweeted a picture yesterday of all of his fan mail and said he was signing it.
Mark Buehrle has been a very good TTM signer in the past... I'm curious to see if he will be signing this year with a new team.

PujolsCollector said:

Herzog.jpg

Heritagezog.jpg

You have a lot of stars there, you'll be lucky to get half of them back like you mentioned.I tried Kershaw years ago when he was with Lansing or some other minor league team and got it back in a month or so.I tried Buerhle 7-8 years ago with the White Sox and got it back.

Did not know Herzog required a donation now.3-4 years ago he did not.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
The reason I ask is because I am about to start a tough expensive project. Hopefully. You know the left field wall with the HOFers pictures. I want to do a panoramic picture of that and frame it with cut autos that I purchase under it. I already have Dizzy Dean and Enos Slaughter. I know that it will be expensive but will be very cool. I want to find autos that are about the same size. Gussie Busch and Hornsby will be the most expensive. I do not plan on putting Robinson in this. It will be a project that may take most of my life but I am willing to wait.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
SINFULONE said:
Ryan The Orange said:
SINFULONE said:
rookieaddict said:

Adam Wainwright
Mariano Rivera
Shelby Miller
Daniel Descalso
Mark Buehrle
Seth Blair - 35 DAYS
Mark McGwire
Josh Hamilton
Michael Cuddyer
Pat Neshek - 10 DAYS
Clayton Kershaw
Adam Jones
Mariano Rivera
Tyrell Jenkins
Joba Chamberlain
Ryan Ludwick
John Axford - 9 DAYS
Edwin Jackson
Rich Hill
Jamie Moyer - 12 DAYS

PujolsCollector said:

Herzog.jpg

Heritagezog.jpg

You have a lot of stars there, you'll be lucky to get half of them back like you mentioned.I tried Kershaw years ago when he was with Lansing or some other minor league team and got it back in a month or so.I tried Buerhle 7-8 years ago with the White Sox and got it back.

Did not know Herzog required a donation now.3-4 years ago he did not.

I actually think that's a pretty solid list. Wainwright's signed for me, Rivera has been known to sign (and for $.84, why not?), Miller I'd say is a good chance, Descalso definitely, Buerhle good chance, McGwire has, Hamilton did for me, Cuddyer's a decent chance, Kershaw's maybe a bit of a longshot, Jones decent chance, Jenkins solid chance, Joba decent chance, his injury might affect that though, Ludwick decent chance, Jackson not sure, and Hill has for me. I'd only be worried about Kershaw, Cuddyer, Jackson, and maybe one of Buehrle or Ludwick. I'd say 12/18 is completely fathomable.

RCRX

Sep 4, 2009
I've got a pair of Allen Craigs game used shoes...don't ask my why..just picked up off ebay last year. The guy must have known someone or worked in Jupiter by what he was selling. WHo knows..maybe the are fake! Anyway I wanted to send em to Cardinals and see if he would sign one of them..not sure about sending a shoe...but anyway.
Whats the address to send to the Cards or to whose attention??
Thanks guys/gals!

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
RCRX said:
I've got a pair of Allen Craigs game used shoes...don't ask my why..just picked up off ebay last year. The guy must have known someone or worked in Jupiter by what he was selling. WHo knows..maybe the are fake! Anyway I wanted to send em to Cardinals and see if he would sign one of them..not sure about sending a shoe...but anyway.
Whats the address to send to the Cards or to whose attention??
Thanks guys/gals!

Yikes, I probably wouldn't send them. Too great of a chance of no return.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Do any of you guys need the Topps Tribute Team Tribute Card with Ozzie, Willie and Vince Game Used Pieces?
I will have to post pictures later. I'm not certain if they ever made into packs, I got it as an NPN back in the day when they still gave out good cards through that.

Members online