Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

St. Louis Cardinals Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
The Kings Poster is Musial,Pujols,McGwire. Pujols is very picky to people who he thinks is selling. I told him straight to his face after he smudged my magaine, I said its not like I was going to sell it and he mumbled something under his breath. The grill lid was kind of funny and sad. I met Gwynn a few years back and he was a great guy, it was at a paid signing but it took about an hour to get through the line, that was because he was having conversations with every fan there. Great guy. There was minimal security maybe maybe 1 gaurd by him but not like it is now when a player signs.
Here is a video of a few of the players ive met
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajW3aermMo8&feature=relmfu

How much did you shell out for the Pujols?I would be pissed to pay a lot, and the signature messed up.I tried getting Frank White here at a T-Bones game.Waited in line for a hour during game and barely moved.Needlesss to say I was pissed.

You can forget about getting McGwire anytime soon.Anyone see him leaving to LA?

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
That pujols was $225 the Musial was $125 so I was in it 350. I had 5.50 shipping on it and it cost 6 to ship it to that guy lmfao. SO I lost .50 cents but it couldve been worse. We cancelled our trip to Spring Training because of McGwire leaving the Cardinals. We will probably head out to AZ next year to get some stuff done.

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
How rough was that case?Did you get the Freese wood/autograph/patch card that was up?
The best card in the case was a Trout/Cespedes/Montero Triple Relic Triple Auto. The next best card was either a Dawson 1/1 White Whale Jersey Auto or a Starlin Castro #/3 Patch Auto. Everything after that was pretty much crap. I have the curse of the Cubs when I break stuff, I always pull Cub players, it's thoroughly annoying! Never pull any Cardinals stuff...All in all I lost about $1200. Last year I made about $800. I hadn't been that disappointed in breaking a case since 2009 Ultimate Collection...

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
As fate would have it, I pulled two Cubs autos and no Cardinals haha I swear I'm cursed worse than the team itself...

Also pulled a Bryce Harper auto #/150 and sold it for $600 within 6 minutes of listing it...

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
That pujols was $225 the Musial was $125 so I was in it 350. I had 5.50 shipping on it and it cost 6 to ship it to that guy lmfao. SO I lost .50 cents but it couldve been worse. We cancelled our trip to Spring Training because of McGwire leaving the Cardinals. We will probably head out to AZ next year to get some stuff done.

That sucks to go through all that and break even.Probably lost more after fees, or did you move it off eBay?Your spring training trip was derailed because McGwire left?You met him outside the stadium last year in winter, right?

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
The best card in the case was a Trout/Cespedes/Montero Triple Relic Triple Auto. The next best card was either a Dawson 1/1 White Whale Jersey Auto or a Starlin Castro #/3 Patch Auto. Everything after that was pretty much crap. I have the curse of the Cubs when I break stuff, I always pull Cub players, it's thoroughly annoying! Never pull any Cardinals stuff...All in all I lost about $1200. Last year I made about $800. I hadn't been that disappointed in breaking a case since 2009 Ultimate Collection...

Damn, $1200 losss is rough.As much as I hate the Cubs, I would sort of like to see Rizzo or Castro ball this year so I can dump them.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
That sucks to go through all that and break even.Probably lost more after fees, or did you move it off eBay?Your spring training trip was derailed because McGwire left?You met him outside the stadium last year in winter, right?
Met him outside of the stadium January of his 1st year as hitting coach. It was insanely cold I had no sweatshirt or jacket. Yeah we were going to ST just for McGwire because he does not do many signings. The Poster was moved on eBay I only lost .50 after all fees and stuff.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Interested in that Roger Maris.
As far as Brandon Dickson NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
THAT WAS MY NEW PC GUY. I THINK HE IS A GOOD PITCHER. That makes me sad.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Met him outside of the stadium January of his 1st year as hitting coach. It was insanely cold I had no sweatshirt or jacket. Yeah we were going to ST just for McGwire because he does not do many signings. The Poster was moved on eBay I only lost .50 after all fees and stuff.

When did you go to Shea and Yankee Stadium?Did you ever show off your McGwire stuff here?

waintrain

Jan 22, 2012
St. Louis Area
Was wondering if anyone has seen these, or if they just don't exist. I have never seen any of these Wainwrights, and I don't know how I can't find the Ultra one.

2010 Upper Deck Signature Sensations Auto

It's listed on Beckett, but I have never seen one.

2007 Ultra Retail Gold /999

I have the Others(Base, Gold, Retail) but I have never seen the Retail Gold though.

Members online

Latest posts