Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

St. Louis Cardinals Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waintrain

Jan 22, 2012
St. Louis Area
What would the Cardinals do with Stanton? Also I dont see Descalso being a longtime shortstop, watching him play there it seems like he takes too long to get the ball out of the glove. He gets to balls up the middle but can not turn and get the runner out at first like a Troy Tulowitzki would. He is a good defensive player but he does not charge balls, instead he lets it roll to him causing the runner at first to be safe by a step or 2 (which is a 2nd baseman mentality I think because its less of a throw), Descalso is good at 3rd because the ball is hit hard then he can use his good arm to throw to first. Also its going to take quite a bit more than Schumaker to get Dee Gordon. Also I think the Cardinals would be crazy to get rid of Trevor Rosenthal at this point he is a serious canidate to be a starter with in the next year or so

I made a trade for Giancarlo in MLB the Show, and realized that I had 4 OF's, so I had to put Jay at SS:D

I like Descalso more at 2nd, than SS, and he made some amazing plays last year! I wouldn't be apposed to trading Matt Adams and Schumaker for Gordon. I don't see a spot for Adams, since he can only play 1st and having Craig there.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
got a few cards in today. First a Rolen patch that I recieved from the Pay it Forward thread. Very cool idea, get involved if you can.

rolenpatch.jpg

then I got a couple autograph upgrades. Always liked the Tribute autos and my old Bud Smith was a sticker
johnsont.jpg
smithb.jpg

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
got a few cards in today. First a Rolen patch that I recieved from the Pay it Forward thread. Very cool idea, get involved if you can.

rolenpatch.jpg

then I got a couple autograph upgrades. Always liked the Tribute autos and my old Bud Smith was a sticker
johnsont.jpg
smithb.jpg

Those Topps Tribute cards look amazing.I remember when Smith threw his no hitter, had to stay up late to watch it on ESPN.Had really high hopes for him.He flamed out in a hurry.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
What would the Cardinals do with Stanton? Also I dont see Descalso being a longtime shortstop, watching him play there it seems like he takes too long to get the ball out of the glove. He gets to balls up the middle but can not turn and get the runner out at first like a Troy Tulowitzki would. He is a good defensive player but he does not charge balls, instead he lets it roll to him causing the runner at first to be safe by a step or 2 (which is a 2nd baseman mentality I think because its less of a throw), Descalso is good at 3rd because the ball is hit hard then he can use his good arm to throw to first. Also its going to take quite a bit more than Schumaker to get Dee Gordon. Also I think the Cardinals would be crazy to get rid of Trevor Rosenthal at this point he is a serious canidate to be a starter with in the next year or so

Play him in one of the corner OF spots and watch him mash for the next dozen years.Some AL team could use Beltran to DH.Doubt Marlins would risk pissing more fans off anyway, but Mozeliak should at least see if he's available.

Ironically, Williams suggested Royals trade for Schumaker on MLB Network last night.

waintrain

Jan 22, 2012
St. Louis Area
Play him in one of the corner OF spots and watch him mash for the next dozen years.Some AL team could use Beltran to DH.Doubt Marlins would risk pissing more fans off anyway, but Mozeliak should at least see if he's available.

Ironically, Williams suggested Royals trade for Schumaker on MLB Network last night.

I saw that too. Trade him for Wil Myers:D

waintrain

Jan 22, 2012
St. Louis Area
I hear you, but they would want pitching back for him.Who did you trade to get Stanton on your game?

I traded veterans for rookies and prospects at the begining of the game. Think I gave up something like Dan Straily and Ryan Cook. I love playing franchise and doing that. Trading veterans for guys in their early 20's, then signing them to long term contracts for peanuts. After 2-3 years, I'll have built a dynasty.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Anybody interested in this card?
$10 delivered?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1355089126.677538.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFCB Cards1355089126.677538.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 27

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Yeah, sure we didn't get much in return, but he knew his time here was over. Probably the best for all parties

EDIT: Looks like Jake Lemmerman SS, 5th rounder in 2010. haven't found much info on him

Bad trade.Lemmerman only hit .233 at Chatanooga.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Bad trade.Lemmerman only hit .233 at Chatanooga.

Looks like he's slotted to start in Springfield. We didn't have much leverage, but Skip didn't have a place on this team anymore. Matheny made that apparent during and leading up to the postseason.

Members online