Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Standard Catalog

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrewerSuperCollector

Aug 10, 2008
Anyone have a 2011 Standard Catalog. I have 22 1940 Chicago Cubs team issued photos. Can someone give me more information on what it says about the set like how many different there were and the price of the set?

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I see a 1939 set and a 1941 set. Both sets have 25 cards, BV on the 1939 is $400 and $250 on the 1941. The 1939 set has Dizzy Dean, Gabby Hartnett, and Billy Herman. The 1941 set has a bunch of nobodies, and a Coach card with Dean, Grimm and two others.

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
My memory is fading on these -- but I think the 2nd group of photos are called "Lotshaw" photos named after the long-time Cubs trainer. Don't ask me how or why they were called as such. They are different from the reasonably available team-issued material. We had some of each back in my Beckett days and I'll be darned to remember why the names were different

Rich

BrewerSuperCollector

Aug 10, 2008
Rich, Why has Beckett taken a lot of that kind of team issued postcards out of the Beckett Almanac through the years.

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
Remember I'm not there any more -- but I suspect it has to do with keeping up with all the newer sets. However; all the informatoin is alaways avilable (when the site is working --- I have not been able to get on either yesterday or today) at Beckett.Com with the OPG>

Rich

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts