Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Stephen Strasburg back on the IL again, and again, and again.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
After Washington won the WS in 2019 Strasburg became a free agent because he opted out of his contract. to get more money. Washington signed him to a new 7 year $245 million in December of that year. $35 million a year. After they signed him, I called it the most stupid contract signing in the history of all sports. Because of his track record of being injured. Now he is back on the Il after ONE game this year. So, the last 3 years he will have started 8 games total. What a waste of money.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I personally enjoy seeing teams have to eat ignorant contracts. Sucks for him he’s always hurt, but its what the Nats deserve.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
I completely agree. Teams need to be smarter. Opt outs are so one sided. I personally think clubs do it in hopes the player will use it, that way they aren't on the hook for a long term contract...their way of having the player sign a 3 year contract that looks like a 7 year. I wish clubs would put something in the contract along the lines of "if you opt out, we cannot resign you" or "we the team can opt out as well if X is done"...have it go both ways.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
i remember strasburg mania, i got burned long ago with a pitcher mark prior. tried to warn people not to invest
in a pitching prospect. but what do i know.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
i remember strasburg mania, i got burned long ago with a pitcher mark prior. tried to warn people not to invest
in a pitching prospect. but what do i know.

In my opinion prospecting has always been stupid. Very rarely does it pan out the way a collector is hoping, and thousands & thousands of dollars are wasted in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts