Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

--------Sunday Morning Thread---------

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Anybody here ever have days where you just can't get warm enough? I rarely turn my heat on in my dorm (tends to hover right around 68-72 in the room.) But today when I woke up I turned the heat on for a few hours, got warm, and turned it off. The temp in the room raised to 80, but now I'm cold again and its right around the usual temp in the room. Put a sweatshirt on and turned the heat back on. I just hope I'm not getting sick.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I really need to stop going through cards that I've sold or traded away in the past :lol:

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Went through a few offers on one card I have listed on eBay. The guy messaged me saying that his final offer was $2 more than he wanted to go in the first place. I told him I offered him a fair value on it, and that as a college student that I wasn't going to take less than I know I can get for it. He just responded with he's a single father and the mother ran out when the kid was 2, and that he wanted to surprise his kid with the card for his 12th birthday. With all of the sob stories that people use anymore, its tough to believe anybody when they bring up this stuff. For all I know, it could be true, but there have been so many guys that have tried using stories like this to make just about everybody second guess them

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Went through a few offers on one card I have listed on eBay. The guy messaged me saying that his final offer was $2 more than he wanted to go in the first place. I told him I offered him a fair value on it, and that as a college student that I wasn't going to take less than I know I can get for it. He just responded with he's a single father and the mother ran out when the kid was 2, and that he wanted to surprise his kid with the card for his 12th birthday. With all of the sob stories that people use anymore, its tough to believe anybody when they bring up this stuff. For all I know, it could be true, but there have been so many guys that have tried using stories like this to make just about everybody second guess them

Tough situation, but bottom line, it's your card/your price.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Tough situation, but bottom line, it's your card/your price.

Oh I agree. I just hate it because I want to believe people when they bring up these situations, but at the same time its tough to believe them since there are so many crazies out there on eBay. Needless to say, I sold it to the guy. Less than I was hoping, but $2 won't kill me :lol:

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Oh I agree. I just hate it because I want to believe people when they bring up these situations, but at the same time its tough to believe them since there are so many crazies out there on eBay. Needless to say, I sold it to the guy. Less than I was hoping, but $2 won't kill me :lol:

If his story is genuine, you done good. If it's not, you'll never know and $2 won't kill you, you done good. See a pattern there, college guy?;)

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
If his story is genuine, you done good. If it's not, you'll never know and $2 won't kill you, you done good. See a pattern there, college guy?;)

As somebody that went through some adversity growing up, those stories tug a little, but I know I can't believe them online. If its over something as little as $2 on a $25 card I have no problem even if there's a 50/50 chance that the story is false

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
He just responded with he's a single father and the mother ran out when the kid was 2, and that he wanted to surprise his kid with the card for his 12th birthday. With all of the sob stories that people use anymore, its tough to believe anybody when they bring up this stuff

Respond back that at least you now know why she left! :cool:

I wouldn't sweat the $2 either but seriously, why does he feel the need to bring this up in the first place, let alone 10 years later? Ugh.

Man, low-end buyers are so much worse for this kinda thing. My under $5 deals are always so much worse than the over $10 ones. Heck, I try to avoid it if I think it's going to be less than $10. And that's coming from a low-end Buyer! :lol:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
My reaction to the Oscars was the same as it is every year.

Shrug, some nice spots, some weird spots. Meh.

Selection Sunday is SOOOOO Much better...

Members online

Latest posts