Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Superfractor Value Question..... 2010 vs 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Curious with a lil question debating Superfractor pricing....

Player name doesn't really matter, well go off this example

If a player(s) have 2010 BCD Superfractor non autos

and 2013 Chrome Superfractor Auto

Player hasn't played so they are still "pre-major" cards. If the 13 Sells for say $2K, what value do you put on the 2010

Or reverse if the 2010 sells for $500, whats the auto 2013 bringing?

Jut thought Id see what the opinion is on 2010 and 3 years later w the 2013, but one being auto, one not

Ryan

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Curious with a lil question debating Superfractor pricing....

Player name doesn't really matter, well go off this example

If a player(s) have 2010 BCD Superfractor non autos

and 2013 Chrome Superfractor Auto

Player hasn't played so they are still "pre-major" cards. If the 13 Sells for say $2K, what value do you put on the 2010

Or reverse if the 2010 sells for $500, whats the auto 2013 bringing?

Jut thought Id see what the opinion is on 2010 and 3 years later w the 2013, but one being auto, one not

Ryan

Taijuan Walker?

Are you asking what the 2010 should be worth? I would say it's gotta be $750+ at this point, but who knows.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
You cant say "doesnt matter the player" cuz it totally does.

I'd much rather have a 2010 superfractor non auto than a 2013 Autographed Superfractor, especially if it was something like Kyle Crick 2010 non auto super versus if he has a 2013 bowman chrome super auto

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Why hide the player? I still haven't figured out why we get these anonymous player questions every few days.

If it is Taijuan, I would think $800-$950

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I'm surprised we haven't had a "It's worth what you'd pay for it" comment.

Same here. It's the least sophisticated level of analysis possible and not to mention usually wrong with anything truly rare LOL.

With regard to the OP, there's not really any way to compare values - especially values of 1/1s cards of volatile players - because there are too many variables involved.

On the other hand comparing prices of the non 1/1 parallel cards is less volatile and is probably more interesting a question.

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Why hide the player? I still haven't figured out why we get these anonymous player questions every few days.

If it is Taijuan, I would think $800-$950

No one is hiding a player. You can use Taijuan if you want. It was as simple as I made it in the post as basically what do those who prospect or go after SuperFractors value more. From what it sounds like with the estimates on Walker, 1/3-1/2 on the non-auto from 3 years earlier.

You can use Segura if ya want , 2010 non-auto $760, anyone know if/what the 2013 auto sold for if it was pulled.

I really posed the question out of curiosity if what drives the card more w the supers, year or auto. I know if the year was closer I wouldn't have doubted the Auto at a much higher %. But was curious what a 3 year gap meant to those out there.

Ryan

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
No one is hiding a player. You can use Taijuan if you want. It was as simple as I made it in the post as basically what do those who prospect or go after SuperFractors value more. From what it sounds like with the estimates on Walker, 1/3-1/2 on the non-auto from 3 years earlier.

You can use Segura if ya want , 2010 non-auto $760, anyone know if/what the 2013 auto sold for if it was pulled.

I really posed the question out of curiosity if what drives the card more w the supers, year or auto. I know if the year was closer I wouldn't have doubted the Auto at a much higher %. But was curious what a 3 year gap meant to those out there.

Ryan

What are you hiding from us Ryan????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Honestly, three year gap included, I'd go with the earlier of the two. But that's me as a collector thinking that way.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
(Not saying that this is the case with the OP but...) I don't think hiding the player is a crazy idea. If a card in question is on eBay the person might be hoping for some help, but does not want to create additional competition for the card. I don't see anything wrong with that.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
What are you hiding from us Ryan????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Honestly, three year gap included, I'd go with the earlier of the two. But that's me as a collector thinking that way.

I'm hiding everything ;) it really was just a question as I have seen some sell like the Segura 2010 Non, wondered what the 13 may bring, with things like the Walker the 13 sold at $2500 or whatever curious what the 2010 may bring. I am not really actively perusing a card. I checked sites and the Walker 2010 is available if someone wants it. But I guess what I got out of this is that the 3 years later card is 2-3 x's more than an non auto 2010, at least w examples given.

Ryan

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Like some have already pointed out, context is everything, there simply is no set percentage or equation to use as a rule of thumb.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
From everything I've ever seen in the baseball card market, and from personal preference, the Chrome Auto is ALWAYS the card to have, regardless of when it came out or how many cards came first.

Even if the RC Logo Chrome Auto was the player's first chrome auto, it is still the card to have. Jake Odorizzi is a good example of this...2008 BDP base card and now a 2013 Chrome Auto from '13 Bowman. The Chrome Auto is still his best RC, even though it's 5 years after his first Chrome card.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
From everything I've ever seen in the baseball card market, and from personal preference, the Chrome Auto is ALWAYS the card to have, regardless of when it came out or how many cards came first.

Even if the RC Logo Chrome Auto was the player's first chrome auto, it is still the card to have. Jake Odorizzi is a good example of this...2008 BDP base card and now a 2013 Chrome Auto from '13 Bowman. The Chrome Auto is still his best RC, even though it's 5 years after his first Chrome card.

Sure, maybe for this moment, but we can't forget history. When some super-duper holographic DNA spectacular invisifractor comes along in a few years everything will change again.

Five or six years ago people (particularly some sellers) "knew" what was 'always best', but manufacturers went and changed things up... and surprise! People were wrong.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Sure, maybe for this moment, but we can't forget history. When some super-duper holographic DNA spectacular invisifractor comes along in a few years everything will change again.

Five or six years ago people (particularly some sellers) "knew" what was 'always best', but manufacturers went and changed things up... and surprise! People were wrong.

I understand your point but I think we've seen that Chrome has withstood the test of time and most collectors that understand rookie cards know that Superfractors, and especially Autographed Superfractors are the card to have. How many products have we seen come and go over the last decade that could have 'dethroned' the superfractor...yet none of them have done so.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008

Autographs sell for more money in general, so I don't think an autographed is necessarily more desirable. I'll always take the 1st superfractor over the auto. Though for resale purposes I would prefer the auto for sure.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I guess my question would be, if you purchased an auto'd super three years after the player's first super came out, could you even consider it a rookie auto? I guess you can call it anything you want really. But to me, first cards are rookies. Not three years down the line. But in all honesty, I'm the kind of idiot that puts base topps rookies in rookie card top loaders in addition to the first chrome cards so what does that say about me? Lol.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I understand your point but I think we've seen that Chrome has withstood the test of time and most collectors that understand rookie cards know that Superfractors, and especially Autographed Superfractors are the card to have. How many products have we seen come and go over the last decade that could have 'dethroned' the superfractor...yet none of them have done so.

Sure - but interestingly just in this thread supers were dethroned by auto'd supers some don't even consider to be rookies. There's always something new and cool coming out, we'll see what replaces auto'd supers in the future(?).

Last edited:

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Sure - but interestingly just in this thread supers were dethroned by auto'd supers some don't even consider to be rookies. There's always something new and cool coming out, we'll see what replaces auto'd supers in the future(?).

The 1/1 superfractors in 2017 will no longer be superfractors but 1/1 sketch cards from the players themselves.

Then the market crashes with 100 fakes in the first week and sports card collecting as we know it, falls.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
The 1/1 superfractors in 2017 will no longer be superfractors but 1/1 sketch cards from the players themselves.

Then the market crashes with 100 fakes in the first week and sports card collecting as we know it, falls.

LOL, but on a serious note I really do think security is going to be a big part of future releases simply because more and more people will have access to tech able to counterfeit cards.

That, and Topps/manufacturing companies have problems with their printers distributing stuff they shouldn't be.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
LOL, but on a serious note I really do think security is going to be a big part of future releases simply because more and more people will have access to tech able to counterfeit cards.

That, and Topps/manufacturing companies have problems with their printers distributing stuff they shouldn't be.

You'll shoot yer eye out!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts