Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tejada coming back to Baltimore

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
This seriously sucks for the Astros! I know Tejada is getting up there in age but he's been rock solid for us...I can't wait to see what scrub we get to replace him! ::facepalm::

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008
I am happy with the move, better then trotting Ty Wigginton out there every day until Josh Bell is ready for the bigs.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
I seriously love the O's offense right now; at every single position. The key will be pitching for them, if their young guns can throw up some zero's, maybe they win some games.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Here's MLB.com story:

On Saturday, the veteran shortstop reached a preliminary agreement on a one-year contract that reunites him with the Orioles, for whom he played four very solid seasons from 2004-07.

Now, though, Tejada would come in as a third baseman -- a position he's never played in the big leagues before -- with Garrett Atkins moving to first base and Cesar Izturis entrenched as the shortstop.

"We have made, just recently, significant progress," president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail said during Orioles FanFest. "We don't have something finalized yet, but we're confident we'll have something within a few days."

Tejada just needs to pass a physical to finalize the deal. According to SI.com, he'll make $6 million in the deal, which also includes performance bonuses.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
a friend of mine just posted this on facebook

would find it fairly humorous if the O's signed Bedard, now that they signed Tejada. I would say trading the two of them for 10 players, and then re-signing them is pretty smart.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
ha, was just about to post the same exact thing.

i heard rumors the O's were interested in Tejada to play third but i didn't think it would happen. I thought it was more likely to sign Bedard, hopefully they do. They would put the lid on a well-spent offseason.

All In Cards said:
a friend of mine just posted this on facebook

would find it fairly humorous if the O's signed Bedard, now that they signed Tejada. I would say trading the two of them for 10 players, and then re-signing them is pretty smart.

Members online

Latest posts