Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Just watched someone bid $20 on the Lankford Diffractor

I bid $20 on the Larry Walker figuring no one had bid on it yet. Lost it for $20.49 in the last few seconds lol. Someone has some snipes set up.

Also the Biggio diffractor guy in WY is crazy - selling them 5 at a time - he just put 5 more up tonight. I wonder how many total he has. Impressive he has 10 of them diff. patterns (so far).

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
It seems like there are a ton of diffractors on ebay right now. Is this a trend because people are starting to notice the market or is just a fluke?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
It seems like there are a ton of diffractors on ebay right now. Is this a trend because people are starting to notice the market or is just a fluke?
IMO it's just a wave right now... someone must of came across a collection or opened up some boxes and now just listing it all. It's happened before but not normal to have so many listed new at once.

I picked up the Albert Belle diffractor for more than I thought it was worth... who was I bidding against? Had to be someone in here...

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Yeah, this is not good news for those of us that collect the common guys. Maybe rinkrat needed them all for his master set? That's what I was hoping, anyway...

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I have that pattern. Don't remember seeing it listed, but must have just passed it by. Must have been a couple of the other myriad of Joey Belle collectors bidding against you.

So he went by Joey in his early years?All his rookies are printed that way.

rinkrat38

Oct 14, 2012
South Deerfield, Mass.
DJSportsCards has listed about a hundred single '98 Teks on eBay. If you missed any of these the first couple of times he listed them, now's your chance. A few of his scans look like diffractors, but that's glare and the angle of his picture. He knows diffractors and has identified them in his listings before. It's unfortunate that the cards aren't in any sort of order. Like he let his two-year old organize them for him.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
DJSportsCards has listed about a hundred single '98 Teks on eBay. If you missed any of these the first couple of times he listed them, now's your chance. A few of his scans look like diffractors, but that's glare and the angle of his picture. He knows diffractors and has identified them in his listings before. It's unfortunate that the cards aren't in any sort of order. Like he let his two-year old organize them for him.
Yea, saw this... this Belle looked like a diffractor but dont' think it is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Topps-...0822821261?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item58aacf198d

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

Listed by player? If so no Lankford ugh

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
[MENTION=8009]rinkrat38[/MENTION] - Where all do you look for Tek cards? I mean eBay, COMCs, Beckett Marketplace, etc. are all obvious but do you go to shows or like check Amazon or like Craigslist or something? Feel like there are few places you can even look on a daily basis... just a waiting game I guess.

Members online

Latest posts