Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Interesting.How much you shelling out for him then?I've never given more than $2 for base.And I likely never will.

Well I picked up three on eBay at $1 a pop which seemed very good to me. I usually end up having to pay anywhere between &5-$6 a pop. Do I like that price? No. But if it's auction, I don't have much of a choice. Besides, you have to think some guys going after the set are willing to pay good money for a pattern they still need , especially if they are down to only a handful. And then you have the player collectors too. With so many patterns to grab, it's best to stay out of the way of those seeing the light at the end of the tunnel as they'll certainly be willing to spend a lot more. The price of singles and a 90 card set for my player is what has kept me from going all out thus far. But I am trying to grab up what I can when I can. Two members here have had pretty reasonable prices. But I don't expect that everywhere. Especially on the bigger name guys.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Well I picked up three on eBay at $1 a pop which seemed very good to me. I usually end up having to pay anywhere between &5-$6 a pop. Do I like that price? No. But if it's auction, I don't have much of a choice. Besides, you have to think some guys going after the set are willing to pay good money for a pattern they still need , especially if they are down to only a handful. And then you have the player collectors too. With so many patterns to grab, it's best to stay out of the way of those seeing the light at the end of the tunnel as they'll certainly be willing to spend a lot more. The price of singles and a 90 card set for my player is what has kept me from going all out thus far. But I am trying to grab up what I can when I can. Two members here have had pretty reasonable prices. But I don't expect that everywhere. Especially on the bigger name guys.

Doubt I would ever shell out that much, but if you need it then go for it.McGwire base is all over the place, from 30 cents to $5.$2 seems to be the average.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Sports-Mem-...R40&_nkw=1998+tek+mcgwire&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
The 5 a week Biggio diffractor guy is still going. He's already put up 20 different Biggio diffractors over the past month. I wonder how many total he had. Quite an impressive total for one player to be piecing it out and selling them.

Members online

Latest posts