Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The face of a man serving a 7 year sentence.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
jbone17 said:
He did not make a mistake at all. He made the correct move because the Nationals are tard!

He said, yes because of the money offered and cant blame him for it. He decided it was better to sign with a non contender for a large amount of money instead of signing with a contender. He did the exact opposite of Lee and he will not have numbers like he did in Philly.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Marro said:
fkw said:
He did good IMO...
He should make the All Star team in 2011, and will be the face of the team for at least the 1st year.

Something he wouldnt have had if he stayed with the slightly overrated big name buying Phillies :) ..... where he would have been the 5-6th best player.

How is he going to be an all star? I dont think the Nationals have the support he needs in the lineup to make an all star apperance.

Every team has to have a representative in the All-Star game, he might have a shot.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
IndyMann said:
boxbreaker44 said:
whoever shot these is a horrible photographer.
Yeah, he should have been walking on a beach or sitting near a cliff at sunset. :lol:
talking more about having the same facial expression for every photo and how stiff he looks.

Jul 30, 2009
By his look, you can tell he is thinking "You think you know me" to the naysayers.

But you know that on this day, he sees clearly and that money has made everything come to life.

Philly was a bitter place and there must have been a broken dream to leave it all behind.

Philly made him defeated and brought down, dropped to his knees when hope went out of resigining him.

But be sure that he will never long for what might have been, no regret, wont waste his life again. He wont look back and you can bet he will fight to remain a National.

Now as a National, out of the philly lime light, I think he can become that in your nose, rated R super star, no TLC needed and not caring one Lita of liquid what you or I think about his batting stance or five second pose in the OF.

Ill end it like this: He is a High and Hard Impact player, call him a Suicide Blonde perhaps.
He wont Brood for sure, he will Cope in the Land of DC. :lol:

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
Lancemountain said:
Big Mac McGwire said:
JAYSON WERTH IS WEARING A SHEET EATING GRIN ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK AND BACK AGAIN

False.

He's pissed at Lee and he's pissed at himself.

he would have gotten paid. He jumped the gun.

Lee said at the press confernce Werth was upset that they resigned Lee after he left.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
011873 said:
By his look, you can tell he is thinking "You think you know me" to the naysayers.

But you know that on this day, he sees clearly and that money has made everything come to life.

Philly was a bitter place and there must have been a broken dream to leave it all behind.

Philly made him defeated and brought down, dropped to his knees when hope went out of resigining him.

But be sure that he will never long for what might have been, no regret, wont waste his life again. He wont look back and you can bet he will fight to remain a National.

Now as a National, out of the philly lime light, I think he can become that in your nose, rated R super star, no TLC needed and not caring one Lita of liquid what you or I think about his batting stance or five second pose in the OF.

Ill end it like this: He is a High and Hard Impact player, call him a Suicide Blonde perhaps.
He wont Brood for sure, he will Cope in the Land of DC. :lol:

Thats why he was pissed about Lee returning to the Phillies?

Cliff Lee said:
"When he found out I was coming here, he wasn't the happiest person in the world."

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
Lancemountain said:
Marro said:
Lancemountain said:
Big Mac McGwire said:
JAYSON WERTH IS WEARING A SHEET EATING GRIN ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK AND BACK AGAIN

False.

Lee said at the press confernce Werth was upset that they resigned Lee after he left.

True

You couldnt tell by the look on his face how pissed he was? People dont understand that you and I saw Werth post game interviews more than them. His look and how he talked was in disgust, He jumped the gun like you stated. Lee was hinting to him about playing on the same team again, He just couldnt grasp it. I like how a few DC reporters thought that meant Lee was going to sign with the Nationals. Werth proved his Worth and ran for the cash to a team with zero post season chances.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Marro said:
Lancemountain said:
Marro said:
Lancemountain said:
Big Mac McGwire said:

False.

True

You couldnt tell by the look on his face how pissed he was? People dont understand that you and I saw Werth post game interviews more than them. His look and how he talked was in disgust, He jumped the gun like you stated. Lee was hinting to him about playing on the same team again, He just couldnt grasp it. I like how a few DC reporters thought that meant Lee was going to sign with the Nationals. Werth proved his Worth and ran for the cash to a team with zero post season chances.

100% agree.

All you guys saying "OMG HIS GRIN IS **** EATING" fail to see what Halladay did last year and Lee did this year and what Werth would have, and should have done. Take a hit on salary and be happy.

Hire a wharton guy to get back that 40 mill you left on the table, right? ;)

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
Lancemountain said:
Marro said:
Lancemountain said:
Marro said:
Lancemountain said:
[quote="Big Mac McGwire":uvud1iaw]

False.

True

100% agree.

All you guys saying "OMG HIS GRIN IS shat EATING" fail to see what Halladay did last year and Lee did this year and what Werth would have, and should have done. Take a hit on salary and be happy.

Hire a wharton guy to get back that 40 mill you left on the table, right? ;)[/quote:uvud1iaw]

When I was a financial advisor, Had a powerball winner come in. He was 41 and took the cash option, Told him that he came in too late for advice. I cringe when people give the state back million of their money thinking its the smart option. His look was pricless and he has no idea what to say after. Its harder to go broke on an annuity. Any lottery winner should speak to a tax attorney, financial advisor and attorney prior too cashing in that ticket.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Marro said:
Lancemountain said:
Marro said:
Lancemountain said:
Marro said:
[quote="Lancemountain":3w03p1e2][quote="Big Mac McGwire":3w03p1e2]

False.

True

100% agree.

All you guys saying "OMG HIS GRIN IS shat EATING" fail to see what Halladay did last year and Lee did this year and what Werth would have, and should have done. Take a hit on salary and be happy.

Hire a wharton guy to get back that 40 mill you left on the table, right? ;)[/quote:3w03p1e2]

When I was a financial advisor, Had a powerball winner come in. He was 41 and took the cash option, Told him that he came in too late for advice. I cringe when people give the state back million of their money thinking its the smart option. His look was pricless and he has no idea what to say after. Its harder to go broke on an annuity. Any lottery winner should speak to a tax attorney, financial advisor and attorney prior too cashing in that ticket.[/quote:3w03p1e2]

totally off subject, and I don't play the lottery so i could be wrong....but I thought a lottery player had to claim what they were payed out when they bought said ticket? :|

Anyway, to make the point about what Lee did and what Werth should have done.....the difference in millions is huge for us members here. Lee left some 40 million on the table but in reality, he is still making 100+ million on top of what he has already made. He's happy, generations of Lee's will be taken care of and 100 million is more than enough to parlay into an immense wealth.

Good for him, I hope he gets his ring and I hope more ballplayers follow their hearts, even if that means making 100 million dollars instead of 140 million dollars. Good grief!

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
Lancemountain said:
Marro said:
Lancemountain said:
Marro said:
Lancemountain said:
[quote="Marro":2dxrq5pb][quote="Lancemountain":2dxrq5pb][quote="Big Mac McGwire":2dxrq5pb]

False.

True

100% agree.

Hire a wharton guy to get back that 40 mill you left on the table, right? ;)[/quote:2dxrq5pb]

When I was a financial advisor, Had a powerball winner come in. He was 41 and took the cash option, Told him that he came in too late for advice. I cringe when people give the state back million of their money thinking its the smart option. His look was pricless and he has no idea what to say after. Its harder to go broke on an annuity. Any lottery winner should speak to a tax attorney, financial advisor and attorney prior too cashing in that ticket.[/quote:2dxrq5pb]

totally off subject, and I don't play the lottery so i could be wrong....but I thought a lottery player had to claim what they were payed out when they bought said ticket? :|

Anyway, to make the point about what Lee did and what Werth should have done.....the difference in millions is huge for us members here. Lee left some 40 million on the table but in reality, he is still making 100+ million on top of what he has already made. He's happy, generations of Lee's will be taken care of and 100 million is more than enough to parlay into an immense wealth.

Good for him, I hope he gets his ring and I hope more ballplayers follow their hearts, even if that means making 100 million dollars instead of 140 million dollars. Good grief![/quote:2dxrq5pb]

I am not sure if you have to pick cash or annuity when buying a ticket, Might have played powerball three times if that. Lee sees wealth in a ring over 40 million and I admire that in him. I think following his heart was the best choice for him. The guy was smiling from ear to ear and couldnt be happier when putting 33 on. Plus like he said, This rotation can be on for the history books, Have a feeling he will have 20+ wins along with Halladay. I really think the Phillies can win 110 games this season, Depending on who they trade Blanton for.

Marlo

Jul 25, 2010
Pretty sure he is laughing all the way to the bank. Anyone that thinks taking that deal is a mistake is crazy. Mistake on the Nats part, completely awful, but what can they do. Zimm is the face of the franchise but he is gone as soon as he can be, which probably influenced the deal. The Nats know he HATES playing in DC and being the face of the franchise, he wants out bad.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
Obviously he made the right choice.
But as a extremely competitive athlete, I have a feeling the losing will get old REAL quick.
And as long as Zimmerman is there, I dont see him making an AS team.

Truth is the Nationals are idiots for giving a guy whos never had 100 rbi over $20 million/year!

Hes a good player, but nowhere near great!
And I dont see him putting up great #'s in washington.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
John Buck's contract with the Fish is a joke too, but why isn't anyone up in arms?
Werth jumped at the money....only player to ever say no to money is Juan Gon....(He DID hire Boras as his agent in September)

Year Age Team Salary Sources Notes
2005 24 Kansas City Royals $318,500
2006 25 Kansas City Royals $349,500
2007 26 Kansas City Royals $440,000
2008 27 Kansas City Royals $2,200,000
2009 28 Kansas City Royals $2,900,000
2010 29 Toronto Blue Jays $2,000,000
2011 30 Florida Marlins $4,500,000
2012 31 Florida Marlins $6,000,000
2013 32 Florida Marlins $6,000,000

$6 million? For .281, 20, 66, and 111K's in 2010?

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
thefatguy said:
John Buck's contract with the Fish is a joke too, but why isn't anyone up in arms?
Werth jumped at the money....only player to ever say no to money is Juan Gon....(He DID hire Boras as his agent in September)

Year Age Team Salary Sources Notes
2005 24 Kansas City Royals $318,500
2006 25 Kansas City Royals $349,500
2007 26 Kansas City Royals $440,000
2008 27 Kansas City Royals $2,200,000
2009 28 Kansas City Royals $2,900,000
2010 29 Toronto Blue Jays $2,000,000
2011 30 Florida Marlins $4,500,000
2012 31 Florida Marlins $6,000,000
2013 32 Florida Marlins $6,000,000

$6 million? For .281, 20, 66, and 111K's in 2010?

That is a joke and contracts like that only hurt fans when it comes to ticket prices. Sooner or later teams will have to make contracts solely based on players performance on a monthly basis. Otherwise a majority of fans will not afford to attend games. Giving someone 6 million a year for being a below avg player is a joke, 111 strike outs is a joke. Tony Gwynn struck out around 400 times in his career..

Members online

Latest posts