Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The FCB Most Iconic Baseball Card of All-Time (Vote 1/10)

Which of these cards is the MOST iconic in the baseball card hobby, of the ten?

• 1909-1911 T206 Honus Wagner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1985 Topps Mark McGwire

• 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle

• 1963 Topps Pete Rose

• 1933 Goudey Babe Ruth

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I will make an initial list of 10 iconic cards. Then we will vote on which is the MOST iconic of the ten. Then I will delete the winner after 100 votes, add it to the "last ten" list and start a new poll in this thread and we will vote again and keep doing that until there are ten total cards that won a poll with 100 votes. Then we will vote on the remaining ten as the most iconic of all-time for an order. Please make suggestions as to which cards to add after each poll.

Just so it's clear, when a winner is chosen after 100 votes, that card will be taken off the list and another will be added. We will then start a new poll and do the very same thing until we get down to 10 finalists. That is why we need suggestions as to which cards will make every new vote.

Vote #1
Vote #2
Vote #3
Vote #4
Vote #5
Vote #6
Vote #7
Vote #8
Vote #9
Vote #10

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
Re: The FCB Most Iconic Baseball Card of All-Time Thread

sportscardtheory said:
I'm thinking the 1968 Topps Nolan Ryan can replace the winner of this first poll.
No.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

Sorry man, but I take exception to Bo Jackson being on this list. Novelty card? Yes. Iconic? No.

I vote for Mantle.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York

Jaypers said:
Sorry man, but I take exception to Bo Jackson being on this list. Novelty card? Yes. Iconic? No.

I vote for Mantle.

You don't have to take exception, just don't vote for it and it will eventually disappear. Kind of the point.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008

sportscardtheory said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
sportscardtheory said:
I'm thinking the 1968 Topps Nolan Ryan can replace the winner of this first poll.
No.

A suggestion would make more sense.

How could it be more iconic than any of these? I bet 95% of people immediately think of one of these.
1909-1911 T206 Honus Wagner
1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr.
1952 Topps Mickey Mantle
2001 Bowman Chrome Albert Pujols

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

sportscardtheory said:
Jaypers said:

I vote for Mantle.

You don't have to take exception, just don't vote for it and it will eventually disappear. Kind of the point.

I'm curious as to why you included it in the first place, though.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York

17ROCKIES12 said:
sportscardtheory said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
sportscardtheory said:
No.

How could it be more iconic than any of these? I bet 95% of people immediately think of one of these.
1952 Topps Mickey Mantle

Do you not understand the point of the thread?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

Incidently, if you're looking for suggestions for a replacement, I vote for the 1954 Bowman Ted Williams.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008

sportscardtheory said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
sportscardtheory said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
sportscardtheory said:
No.

1952 Topps Mickey Mantle

Oh I thought you meant beat.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York

17ROCKIES12 said:
sportscardtheory said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
sportscardtheory said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
[quote="sportscardtheory":2irre4jp]I'm thinking the 1968 Topps Nolan Ryan can replace the winner of this first poll.
No.

1952 Topps Mickey Mantle

Yes, I do. I know how to read. I'm just pointing out once again that you're an idiot by saying that the Ryan would replace the winner of this.[/quote:2irre4jp]

I'm the idiot? lol You clearly have absolutely no idea how this is supposed to work. Thanks for playing. ::facepalm::

Sly

Aug 7, 2008

17ROCKIES12 said:
sportscardtheory said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
sportscardtheory said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
[quote="sportscardtheory":1r6tcnrs]I'm thinking the 1968 Topps Nolan Ryan can replace the winner of this first poll.
No.

1952 Topps Mickey Mantle

Yes, I do. I know how to read. I'm just pointing out once again that you're an idiot by saying that the Ryan would replace the winner of this.[/quote:1r6tcnrs]

No, you clearly are missing his point.

It won't REPLACE it...it will be added to the poll.

The idea is that the highest voted card initially will be considered #1. Then the poll will go again and the highest then will be #2 and so forth.

The Ryan would be ADDED into the poll to be voted on as a Top 10 card. It won't REPLACE the "winner". At the end of the day, I think it's pretty safe to say #1, #2 and #3 will be Mantle, Wagner and Griffey in no particular order.

From there, it's up in the air, and the Ryan would be a POTENTIAL to be one of the later ones.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York

Sly said:
No, you clearly are missing his point.

It won't REPLACE it...it will be added to the poll.

The idea is that the highest voted card initially will be considered #1. Then the poll will go again and the highest then will be #2 and so forth.

The Ryan would be ADDED into the poll to be voted on as a Top 10 card. It won't REPLACE the "winner". At the end of the day, I think it's pretty safe to say #1, #2 and #3 will be Mantle, Wagner and Griffey in no particular order.

From there, it's up in the air, and the Ryan would be a POTENTIAL to be one of the later ones.

Thanked.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008

The only iconic cards I think you have on your list are the Honus Wagner, Mantle and Ruth.

Now, I'm thinking iconic in the sense that even non-collectors have likely heard about them. If you're talking just collectors then I think iconic has an entirely different meaning.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York

I would like to get more suggestions as to which card to replace the winner with so I'm not just picking them myself. The ones suggested the most will most likely make the future polls.

Members online