Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The "HOLY CRAP!" end-price thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
I was watching this with no intention of bidding. Just watching because I own a copy and wanted to see what it would bring at auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-E-X2000-A-Cut-Above-2-Ken-Griffey-Jr-RARE-/111351599747?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=Zo4KSyTK6hUeGOoYc6ezVyr7wLc%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

with a refractor line....

This is nuts! I have owned several copies of this card and never got more than $80-$100 for any of them.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I agree, I think things have developed beyond grouping all cheaters together and now a big part is about how they dealt with it and how like able a person they are (to fans and the media at least). It also matters where their standing in history would have been. Guys like Arod who was caught again after his big apology may never get the fans back. Braun did something awful in throwing the collector under the bus but if he plays well and behaves himself people might forget. Same with Ortiz since he's played well and been known for other things. Guys like Pettitte people never really seemed to care possibly partially because he's so well liked and because he was never going to be a HOFer so his status was not as high to begin with...

Good read.That is interesting that Pettite has always gotten a free pass.Giambi too.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
Damn, you made some nice bank with all those older Griffey's.

Yea I expected then to do well, but some just went for crazy prices. What's sad is those sold more than some /50s that ended recently. I can see the allure though as they are all standout 90s inserts

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Yea I expected then to do well, but some just went for crazy prices. What's sad is those sold more than some /50s that ended recently. I can see the allure though as they are all standout 90s inserts

I have a few, but none that would sell for that much.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008

Hell, you have a card a just bid on yesterday.And another I thought about going after.

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
What the **** is going on?Someone just hit griffeyfan24 $1500 BIN Griffey insert.You've gotta be ******* kidding me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KEN-GRIFFEY-JR-1996-ULTRA-HITTING-MACHINES-GOLD-MEDALLION-PSA-10-GEM-MINT-POP-2-/321398156522?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item4ad4d2acea

My guess is that someone bought it for griffeyan24's "sale price" - in these cases, the final listing shows the original BIN price, not the accepted sale price. Further, I would bet the buyer was one of the bidders that lost joey_peapod's

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
My guess is that someone bought it for griffeyan24's "sale price" - in these cases, the final listing shows the original BIN price, not the accepted sale price. Further, I would bet the buyer was one of the bidders that lost joey_peapod's

His "sale price" likely wasn't much less than the BIN.

typical griffeyfan24 "sale price" = still 3-4 times what card should sell for

Members online