Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============= The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Good afternoon all!
Rare lunch time check in.
They made me leave the office as I usually eat at my desk while getting things done.
With sequestration, I can't do that any more as all hours are closely monitored.:(
On the up side, I HAVE to leave at 1600 since I got there at 0700.:cool:

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Well we got 2 headstones set in this morning. One of them was a XXXXX. First it was too high, so we took a little dirt out, then it was too low so we put some in, and we did this about 2-3 times. That leaves us with one more to go this afternoon. What makes it even better, the maintenance supervisor left at about 8:15 this morning because "he wasn't feeling well." My guess is that that lake sounded a lot better than setting headstones

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Well we got 2 headstones set in this morning. One of them was a XXXXX. First it was too high, so we took a little dirt out, then it was too low so we put some in, and we did this about 2-3 times. That leaves us with one more to go this afternoon. What makes it even better, the maintenance supervisor left at about 8:15 this morning because "he wasn't feeling well." My guess is that that lake sounded a lot better than setting headstones

Measure twice, set once.....Just sayin';)

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Wouldn't mind picking up a Russell Wilson auto but can't bring myself to spend that much on a sport I don't collect..
Setting headstones.. U do the family a nice service

Sent from my iPhone

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Measure twice, set once.....Just sayin';)

Well, every headstone we get is a different size. Some are 2-3 inches longer than others. Our genius supervisor made a gauge that is supposed to help us when it comes to the depth of the socket. Any little bump on the way out to the burial field can bump it. When we measured the sockets yesterday using his gauge, it came out just right. We had no problem with the first one this morning. But in case you can't tell, I'm not too fond of my supervisor :lol: Yesterday he broke the tow sprayer and dumped a full hopper of fertilizer in an area of 10 sq. feet. It was kinda funny to see him out there with a little electric vacuum in the grass though :lol:

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Well, every headstone we get is a different size. Some are 2-3 inches longer than others. Our genius supervisor made a gauge that is supposed to help us when it comes to the depth of the socket. Any little bump on the way out to the burial field can bump it. When we measured the sockets yesterday using his gauge, it came out just right. We had no problem with the first one this morning. But in case you can't tell, I'm not too fond of my supervisor :lol: Yesterday he broke the tow sprayer and dumped a full hopper of fertilizer in an area of 10 sq. feet. It was kinda funny to see him out there with a little electric vacuum in the grass though :lol:

Like Michael said, you're provideing a great service to the family members. That should make it easier to overlook your supervisor. That and the image of him vacuuming the grass.:D
Back to work, see y'all later.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Like Michael said, you're provideing a great service to the family members. That should make it easier to overlook your supervisor. That and the image of him vacuuming the grass.:D
Back to work, see y'all later.

Oh I know we are providing a great service to the family. Especially because its either a veteran or the veteran's family member out here. The other maintenance guy and I got a huge kick out of vacuuming the grass :lol:

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Good afternoon

I just about blew the engine on the mower last night while mowing the lawn... turns out it's completely out of oil. So, I have to go get some and fix it so I can finish mowing.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
This one...

970259_500483410027275_801057357_n.jpg

Can you believe this guy said he doesn't collect A&G? I mean really who doesn't collect A&G????

George - he declined the Red ink....WOW.
So what's the back story here? Alex, you hit a road block with the seller/owner of this? Card is sick!! MT'ers trying to get it for you and the guy is even sticking them up? If that's the case, wow... I guess the guy isn't letting it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts