Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Theresa told me, if we want another kid, I need to give up all my hobbies. I told her that common sense must take over for her, as I can scale back on wrestling stuff and the other dvd's, but trying to get me outta all my hobbies will make me even more of a lunatic than I already am.

Pfft, go cold turkey and make baby happen

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
What's everyone up to this weekend?

Working... This week today is my monday. Gonna head to work in a little over an hour from now. Right now, im chilling with Alie, who wanted breakfast in bed. And she wanted to watch Star Trek until i go, so thats on. (Alies my oldest daughter, for those who didnt know. Six going on sixteen at times...)

its been a nice summer, being able to see Alie during the week since shes on summer break. She goes back monday which will be bittersweet. Which also means ill be getting up early to take her to school. Yikes!

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Pfft, go cold turkey and make baby happen

I wish it were that easy. JJ stuff will always entice me. MST3K stuff as well. I can go long periods w/out wrestling stuff though, as I have 9 apple boxes full of DVD's & VHS, which doesn't even include the two book shelves full of them, in chronological order.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Hey all.

Was just caught out by the mailman doing my Sweet and Low dance/song in the front yard. Was really just trying to annoy the neighbors.

At least I got a TTM out of it!

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Evening folks! Just got out of work and now I'm at home, pounding some beer and eating McDonald's (like a true fat a$$) lol.

Looking for Alex Rodriguez Cards, PM me.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Good evening all!
I like the looks of the 1956 set.
Andrew - What in the world is a "Sweet & Low dance/song"?

Well, whenever I go to Starbucks for a Vente Iced Latte, I like one sweet n low added to it. Chris thinks it is funny and oh-so-masculine for me to add it to my coffee drink, so I like to do a manly, Tim Taylor grunting, whirling, snorting dance when I get my drink. We brought home today's from a drive thru, so the dance/song had to wait til we were home.

I wanted to do it loudly to annoy the aholes next door, who, by the way, recently complained that when our dog barks in the back yard while playing, we are "encouraging him to be aggressive and noisy to irritate them" (not true), while their own howling, yapping, XXXXting brigade only bark because they are "playful."

So, my song and dance is part of my Gandhi-esque passive-aggressive way to assert my individuality and strike a blow for regular folks who love their dogs and just want to enjoy the twice a day playtime with them in the back yard, even if stay at home rich weenies don't like it. In a nutshell.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Well, whenever I go to Starbucks for a Vente Iced Latte, I like one sweet n low added to it. Chris thinks it is funny and oh-so-masculine for me to add it to my coffee drink, so I like to do a manly, Tim Taylor grunting, whirling, snorting dance when I get my drink. We brought home today's from a drive thru, so the dance/song had to wait til we were home.

I wanted to do it loudly to annoy the aholes next door, who, by the way, recently complained that when our dog barks in the back yard while playing, we are "encouraging him to be aggressive and noisy to irritate them" (not true), while their own howling, yapping, XXXXting brigade only bark because they are "playful."

So, my song and dance is part of my Gandhi-esque passive-aggressive way to assert my individuality and strike a blow for regular folks who love their dogs and just want to enjoy the twice a day playtime with them in the back yard, even if stay at home rich weenies don't like it. In a nutshell.

Your outstanding descriptions to your continuous daily interactions and events always impress Andrew :D

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Andrew - I read your description several times, closed my eyes, and while whoop-de-dooing loudly, pointed at your neighbors and joined Jack in barking loudly and agressively in their general direction. If only in my mind.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online