Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
What's everyone up to this weekend?

Pretty sure we have friends and family visiting both days, not sure what else we have going on yet...

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
What's everyone up to this weekend?

Pretty sure we have friends and family visiting both days, not sure what else we have going on yet...

Not sure what I will be doing. My girlfriend has her first cross country meet tomorrow morning, and its only an hour and a half away but I can't go because of class. Other than that, I don't think I have any plans other than working on a little homework

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Good morning.. Hope everyone is having a great day..

George.. Good luck with the decision.. It's your auto, do with it what you want to..

This morning on my way to work, I was thinking that shouldn't it be Secret Santa Signup Soon?

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Well I just got done with my last class of the day. We had three assignments that were all supposed to be due at 5 this afternoon, and I had 2 of them done. In class she decides to give us an extra day to work on the one assignment I did not have done. I'm glad that I was planning on finishing it this afternoon :lol:

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Phew, lonnnnnnng day of lecturing at work. Teachers- what do you do to keep kids entertained during a 1-1.5 hour lecture? I understand that Microeconomics isn't a thrilling subject to most high school Seniors....but I've incorporated many recent Pop Culture References, Economics Memes, even vine/break videos into the powerpoint. Candy as answer incentives, extra credit for just paying attention and answering a question.

Kids still fall asleep, think I can't see them on cell phones, and overall dont pay attention.

I cant think of anything else constructive to get them to learn aside form whipping my **** out.

Seriously though, I can see why so many veteran teachers are burned out and hate their jobs. The kids just dont care at all.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Well I'm working on getting back into shape. I started towards the end of last school year, but then over the summer my job just wore me out to the point where I could not get my run in. I just went for a short and easy 2 mile jog at 7:30 pace to start off along with some core strengthening workouts as well. I'm hoping that starting early in the school year will get me going, and keep me going for awhile to the point where I'm comfortable enough to do some 5K road races and what not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts