Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official JAY BUENTE (Marlins) Thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
One of my former teammates at Purdue, Jay Buente, was called up by the Marlins yesterday. So in honor of him, I am giving him his own thread for a couple of weeks.

Surprisingly enough, he made an appearance today in his first game with the club. I wasn't able to watch it because I had softball.

He was sitting 90-92 for the outing, he also throws a split and a curveball.

His first inning was smooth, but then gave up a run in the 2nd on two broken bat singles.

Anyways, congrats to Jay. I am proud to have a Boilermaker in the Big Leagues.

Here is the to Jay's profile on MLB.com - JAY BUENTE PROFILE

Here is a link to Jay's minor league stats - minor league stats

skrip

RandomH

ballerskrip said:
One of my former teammates at Purdue, Jay Buente, was called up by the Marlins yesterday. So in honor of him, I am giving him his own thread for a couple of weeks.

Surprisingly enough, he made an appearance today in his first game with the club. I wasn't able to watch it because I had softball.

He was sitting 90-92 for the outing, he also throws a split and a curveball.

His first inning was smooth, but then gave up a run in the 2nd on two broken bat singles.

Anyways, congrats to Jay. I am proud to have a Boilermaker in the Big Leagues.

Here is the to Jay's profile on MLB.com - JAY BUENTE PROFILE

Here is a link to Jay's minor league stats - minor league stats

skrip
Cool stuff!

New PC? :)

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
ballerskrip said:
If he gets a card, YES! skrip

I have 1 of his Greensboro Grasshopper team set cards here at the house. He autographed some for a charity auction I was working on. Want to send me your address and it will be in the mail to you?

David

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
dethomas07 said:
ballerskrip said:
If he gets a card, YES! skrip

I have 1 of his Greensboro Grasshopper team set cards here at the house. He autographed some for a charity auction I was working on. Want to send me your address and it will be in the mail to you?

David

Thanks david, you are the best! Let me know what I can send out to your boys for a "trade"?

matt

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
Skrip,

Don't worry about anything for trade. Jay is a great guy and I'd be more than happy to send you one. He did a great thing for the charity, so it should be passed forward. It will probably be Tuesday before it will go in the mail.

David

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
dethomas07 said:
Skrip,

Don't worry about anything for trade. Jay is a great guy and I'd be more than happy to send you one. He did a great thing for the charity, so it should be passed forward. It will probably be Tuesday before it will go in the mail.

David

I got the card today! thank you sooo much!

I will post a scan later. You are the man!

skrip

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
jetsrule4 said:
bowman chrome card?
and u played at rice skrip! thats awsome

No Bowman Chrome or anything like that as of yet. Just a minor league issue, but autographed! Awesome!

Yeah, playing at Rice was awesome. We always played a tough schedule, played at Vandy, Alabama, Long Beach St, UCLA, Rice, UC Irvine, Etc.

skrip

Members online