Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thoughts about the NNOF Thomas from 1995 Magazine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
In the March '95 issue of Collectors Sportlook they suggested that the card could possibly be found in retail store specific factory sets issued at K Mart, Sears, etc.

They speculated that with the sheer amount of every other form of packaging long opened that if the card was in those (wax, cello, rak, vending, hobby factory sets) there would be more out there and known earlier.

The retail store SPECIFIC sets, they speculated, were less likely to be opened hence the limited about seen.

Also, Marty Appel from Topps said that the company has no idea where the card is likely to be packaged.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bmx807

Aug 7, 2008
Off topic a bit this reminds me of the 1994 Alex Rodriguez UD Collector's Choice White A variation. One place that card came from was the factory sets sent to Toys R Us. In 1994 my dad bought me 2 factory sets, 1 was 1994 Topps and the other was 1994 UD Collector's Choice. That factory set of Choice had the White A variation onside.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
In the March '95 issue of Collectors Sportlook they suggested that the card could possibly be found in retail store specific factory sets issued at K Mart, Sears, etc.

They speculated that with the sheer amount of every other form of packaging long opened that if the card was in those (wax, cello, rak, vending, hobby factory sets) there would be more out there and known earlier.

The retail store SPECIFIC sets, they speculated, were less likely to be opened hence the limited about seen.

Were the store-specific sets printed towards the last printing run or more towards the first one? I'd think it would be least likely to find the NNOF if the sets were printed towards the end because I'm sure the error would have been fixed in earlier printing runs.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
You are correct

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

35k4spu.jpg

Members online

Latest posts