Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tips for buying off-eBay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ripken2131_8

Feb 4, 2011
Savannah, GA
I just made an offer on a card that is listed as a normal 7 day auction. If the seller says he'd be willing to accept my offer and end the auction, what should I do to try and ensure the smoothest transaction?

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
Do not procrastinate; offer a number that is an expected ending-auction-style price for the card. Remind the seller of a reduced total-fee savings he would be getting by selling off eBay. If you have the ability to pay right away, then make note of that to the seller.

I wouldn't do anything short of a 'goods' payment.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
ripken2131_8 said:
I just made an offer on a card that is listed as a normal 7 day auction. If the seller says he'd be willing to accept my offer and end the auction, what should I do to try and ensure the smoothest transaction?

Pay through paypal but don't do it as a gift payment.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Pay via PayPal (don't gift the money, though) or a credit card and if it's a valuable card offer to pay for insurance so you don't get stuck with the ol' empty envelope.

Members online

No members online now.