Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Replacement Mailday WOW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topps Redemption Replacement Mailday
Owed: 2012 Topps Triple Threads Autograph Relic Justin Verlander
Received: 2012 Topps Triple Threads Autograph Relic Ike Davis
Topps Customer Service told me they go by Beckett Value. I guess they could not afford a Beckett.
They spent $3.14 to send it Delivery Confirmation. Card only worth a buck! LOL
I have to laugh at this crap! THANKS TOPPS! :mad:

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
It is not often that my jaw literally drops open when I read something on here. But, you did it. Wow.

Ummmm....no thank you.

sharktitanfan

Aug 31, 2008
I'm not sure which line I liked better:
Topps Customer Service told me they go by Beckett Value. I guess they could not afford a Beckett.
or
They spent $3.14 to send it Delivery Confirmation. Card only worth a buck!
:D

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
At this point if I pulled a redemption card I would sell or trade it as soon as possible. I am waiting for a one from Topps right now plus I have one at Panini I logged in back in December. I am done with redemptions.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
That is horrendous. Topps needs to get their act together when it comes to redemption cards. They need to realize that this cannot be allowed to happen. Even doing it correctly 90% of the time is a disaster because bad outcomes always do more damage than good ones benefit a company. As the old saying goes, it takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, but it can take only a single bad act to ruin it.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I am really bummed by all of these redemption threads. I am waiting on several, including 2 Harper auto redemptions (one gold) a black dual Jackie Bradley/Xander Bogaerts and several others that are supposed to be destined for my PC. I pulled them all (so I am not out stupid money) but I actually dread going to my mailbox everyday to see what disappointments await me. I am hoping that since most of these guys are good signers I will eventually get the cards...I hope.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Pathetic.
Did Topps run out of Verlander stickers or could Verlander not spend an hour to sign them?
Either way, redemptions suck and so does Topps' customer service or whoever's responsible.
It's one of the many reasons I rarely buy modern cards anymore.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
That is horrendous. Topps needs to get their act together when it comes to redemption cards. They need to realize that this cannot be allowed to happen. (...) As the old saying goes, it takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, but it can take only a single bad act to ruin it.

the problem is there is no incentive to change - they have an exclusive MLBP license, they are not being hurt in the wallet and along those lines noone is going to boycott their products in any to be meaningful to their business.

Series 1 comes out and everyone will buy it because it's the first release of the season or because it's tradition to a more casual collector.

the best you can do is lowball what you pay for redemptions since they likely will be replaced, not buy redemptions at all, or just sell your pack-pulled redemptions because ignorant auction buyers are still sometimes paying crazy money for Topps redemptions.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Topps Redemption Replacement Mailday
Owed: 2012 Topps Triple Threads Autograph Relic Justin Verlander
Received: 2012 Topps Triple Threads Autograph Relic Ike Davis
They spent $3.14 to send it Delivery Confirmation. Card only worth a buck! LOL
I have to laugh at this crap! THANKS TOPPS! :mad:

Good grief, that's horrible. but sadly they don't care. I just emailed topps about a replacement for me. will post in your thread the results when I get one.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Didn't we just have an argument here a few months ago about whether or not topps uses Beckett value for replacements? Guess that mystery has been solved.

I don't have a Beckett on hand right now but can someone refresh me when exactly Ike Davis stuff became equal to Verlander stuff, Beckett or otherwise.

Members online

Latest posts