Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Triple Threads & All-Star Patch Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
I remember a thread awhile back talking about triple threads and the game used jerseys & patches from the all star game. So every year Topps Triple Threads has the All-Star Game Used cards and I think they mentioned that they were from the Work Out Jersey from the all star weekend.

Well I was searching my usual White Sox stuff and found a seller selling Adam Dunn and Chris Sale autographed game used jerseys from the all star weekend.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chris-Sale-2012-MLB-All-Star-Game-Issued-Auto-Chicago-White-Sox-Derby-Jersey-/380462632390?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5895570dc6

The jerseys have holograms which the Chris Sale states the following:
Hologram number EK244105 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under AUTOGRAPHED JERSEY.
Session Product Description:

Session Name: 2012 GATORADE WORKOUT DAY AND STATE FARM HOME RUN DERBY
Session Date: July 09, 2012
Autographer: CHRIS SALE
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: THIS JERSEY WAS AUTOGRAPHED DURING THE 2012 ALL-STAR WORK OUT DAY FOR B.A.T. (BASEBALL ASSISTANCE TEAM)
What I am wondering is how many jerseys does a player get for the all-star weekend and how does topps obtain them to insert into their product if this person is selling the workout day jerseys and topps puts them into their product?

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
No where in the auction or MLB authentication description does it mention that it is game used. It is game issued and autographed.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
No where in the auction or MLB authentication description does it mention that it is game used. It is game issued and autographed.
I see now. It was a back up jersey since it was a second issue. Thanks for clarification.
So does topps get the ones they wear during the workout/derby? or do you think that is a third set they get like Musial Collector stated?
Also do the players sell it to topps?

Last edited:

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
I see now. It was a back up jersey since it was a second issue. Thanks for clarification.
So does topps get the ones they wear during the workout/derby? or do you think that is a third set they get like Musial Collector stated?
Also do the players sell it to topps?

There is a workout day jersey and a BP jersey. Topps gets one of the jerseys and the other is sold. The above jersey is not game used.

Members online

Latest posts