Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

**********Tuesday Morning Thread**********

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I wish, I had it on my watch list and it has not been on there for long and I did not think it would go for that much, that is a little over my budget. It is the second Dawson card to surprise me lately with its price.

Almost guarantee that didn't go to a Dawson collector.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Scored my first Miguel Almonte auto tonight. 11/25 black style. $24 :)

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1381284220.282353.jpg

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Almost guarantee that didn't go to a Dawson collector.

Well if it didn't go to either of y'all, not sure how many mega collectors of his there are.

Although I get surprised on some Belle sales. For example, the nameplate of Belle that's being held hostage, the seller claims my offer is near middle for offers which is either a bold face lie or there are some crazy buyers of those types of cards who is making me look silly.... Not another Belle collector out there at my level... I just bought out the one who would of been close.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Well if it didn't go to either of y'all, not sure how many mega collectors of his there are.

Although I get surprised on some Belle sales. For example, the nameplate of Belle that's being held hostage, the seller claims my offer is near middle for offers which is either a bold face lie or there are some crazy buyers of those types of cards who is making me look silly.... Not another Belle collector out there at my level... I just bought out the one who would of been close.

---

The surprises of the hobby. I had that card on my watch list, I was going to wait for it to go down in price lol!

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I have a standing $160.00 offer for the Machado. I am not greedy but the last one at auction went for $191 and change. Gonna hold off on that offer for now.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Finally scanned the few cards ive gotten lately. Would love to go ape on ebay but im using my recent addition to my paypal account to pay for my tattoo, which is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon!

The price on that bat knob was epic.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

---

Firstly, there are at least two Dawson collectors with more disposable cash than hawk8 and I put together.

Secondly, there are guys like mlbsalltimegreats(Tony) and others like him who have tons of cash and collect only bat knobs, barrels, buttons, and high end patches.

So I'm not at all surprised by the $400 sale price on the Dawson, especially since thats probably his best looking bat knob card ever produced, and I also wouldn't be surprised if that seller does have higher offers for the Belle.

We live largely in our sheltered FCB world, but there are plenty of collectors out there who put our collections to shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts