Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

^^^^^ Tuesday Morning Thread ^^^^^

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Good morning. It's gone from 65 degrees and wearing shorts on Saturday, to hail and thunderstorms, to a snow covered Tuesday morning. Pretty sure I'm getting punked.

Also, I think I consigned myself yesterday to a least one broken finger this summer. This should be interesting.

newspaper.jpg

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Worked 8 hours today. Off at 1. Phone interview at 1:03 (I told brother in law when I was off and he had thr guy call me). Postal Hiring department called me at 1:25. Official hire date is May 3, first day is May 5.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Well I had a nice little mail day today when I got home. First, my two coins were waiting for me, and I really want to show my grandpa but I have to wait until June :lol: Then there were a couple of TTM returns, which I won't bore you guys with the scans, and then I added another HOF auto to the collection. Scans will be up in 20-30 minutes

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Well I forgot to scan the cards, and I posted my TTM returns in the TTM thread, but I just thought I'd share part of the TTM return. Its about 4x5 inches, but tough to tell.

This is from Krist Novoselic, the bass player from Nirvana, and I like it more than the 8x10 I think. After Nirvana, Krist got involved in politics (included some political brochures as well), and I'm studying to become a high school history teacher. I mentioned that fact in my letter to him, so I like the personal touch added to this. And yes, it is not cut to square
KristNovoselicNirvanaCard_zpsea087b71.jpg

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
To make it even better, I texted my old softball coach the other day (Happy birthday). So we exchanged texts. I graduated with his oldest and our families were always close. So before anything was official, I asked if they had room on their team as I might know someone interested. I've been gone for 5 years. He said unfortunately he didn't, then about 5 minutes asked if I was the one interested. I told him it depended on the Post Office job. He said I always had a spot and let him know when I knew more. Well I sent him a text earlier saying it was official and I would earn a spot and appreciated him saying I had one. He said he told all the guys on the team (we all went to high school together and played 7 years before I moved) were all excited I was coming back and I already earned a spot.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Thanks guys. It's helping with the low point in my life. Seems like good things are happening and I wasn't low very long. My family and friends are excited I'm moving back. Appreciate you guys as well. Positive people and thoughts never hurt anyone.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
My new favorite player got called up today...

I am Japaneeeeeeseeeeee!

On another note, it was 80degrees yesterday, and it's snowing right now... What is going on!?

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Thanks guys. It's helping with the low point in my life. Seems like good things are happening and I wasn't low very long. My family and friends are excited I'm moving back. Appreciate you guys as well. Positive people and thoughts never hurt anyone.

:grouphug: GREAT to hear the tough times have been going uphill for you! Do you have a move date yet?

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
To make it even better, I texted my old softball coach the other day (Happy birthday). So we exchanged texts. I graduated with his oldest and our families were always close. So before anything was official, I asked if they had room on their team as I might know someone interested. I've been gone for 5 years. He said unfortunately he didn't, then about 5 minutes asked if I was the one interested. I told him it depended on the Post Office job. He said I always had a spot and let him know when I knew more. Well I sent him a text earlier saying it was official and I would earn a spot and appreciated him saying I had one. He said he told all the guys on the team (we all went to high school together and played 7 years before I moved) were all excited I was coming back and I already earned a spot.

Good to see a positive change of direction for you bud!

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
My new favorite player got called up today...

I am Japaneeeeeeseeeeee!

On another note, it was 80degrees yesterday, and it's snowing right now... What is going on!?

Looks like he's going to be a super-sub for the Jays. 2B, SS, 3B in that order, plus they even plan to use him as an emergency OF.

- Rodrick

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Went to Walmart and checked out the baseball cards. In the toy section (where they usually have blasters and hanger boxes): one hanger box of 2014 Topps S1. In one if the cashier aisles (where they usually have stuff hanging on pegs): about half a dozen 2013 Topps S2 racks. What a letdown!

- Rodrick

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Breaking story someone in a black Vail and a backpack on was seen running down the street towards the finish line saying Boston strong

Also police have found 2 backpacks unattended on the same street. Ome person is being held on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts