Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UFC 123 picks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
seanho2309 said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
seanho2309 said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
seanho2309 said:
Round 2 was close but I will give it to Rampage, because of the takedown Machida is dancing looking to counter too much.

2 Rounds Jackson 20-18

OWWWWWWWWWWW!!! I agree with you man, I think Machida's "elusiveness" cost him the fight tonight (he obviously won the 3rd Rd but that wasn't enough to overcome the 1st 2 Rd's)!

Great Night O' Fight's!!! :D (the 2 I wish would've went the other way were J-Lo & G.Harris)

I lost on those two picks myself. ::facepalm:: Harris might have lost his job too.

Harris lose his job over 1 loss? The guy has won all 3 of his previous UFC fight's (1 was a devastating/highlight reel KO slam & the 2 before that were TKO's by way of punches), so this is only his first fight loss in the UFC....If anything, Falcao should be cut for running & throwing a whole 1-to-2 punches in the 3rd Rd (that was frickin ridiculous)! ::facepalm::

He has fought on the undercard and has won. However, when he fought on the main card tonight he did NOTHING. I couldn't agree more Falcao was good the first two rounds and then put it into cruise control. Who knows about Harris? I am just saying I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut though.

Undercard or not, a UFC win is a UFC win & he's now 3-1 in his 4 outing's...I've never heard of a UFC fighter getting cut for 1 loss out of 4 fight's (unless maybe there was financial disagreement)..Anyone else have any occurences where a UFC fighter goes 3-1 & gets the boot after thier 1st loss?

seanho2309

Aug 11, 2008
Cibolo, TX
HoustonTeams4Me said:
seanho2309 said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
seanho2309 said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
[quote="seanho2309":2rbad1n0]Round 2 was close but I will give it to Rampage, because of the takedown Machida is dancing looking to counter too much.

2 Rounds Jackson 20-18

OWWWWWWWWWWW!!! I agree with you man, I think Machida's "elusiveness" cost him the fight tonight (he obviously won the 3rd Rd but that wasn't enough to overcome the 1st 2 Rd's)!

Great Night O' Fight's!!! :D (the 2 I wish would've went the other way were J-Lo & G.Harris)

I lost on those two picks myself. ::facepalm:: Harris might have lost his job too.

Harris lose his job over 1 loss? The guy has won all 3 of his previous UFC fight's (1 was a devastating/highlight reel KO slam & the 2 before that were TKO's by way of punches), so this is only his first fight loss in the UFC....If anything, Falcao should be cut for running & throwing a whole 1-to-2 punches in the 3rd Rd (that was frickin ridiculous)! ::facepalm::

He has fought on the undercard and has won. However, when he fought on the main card tonight he did NOTHING. I couldn't agree more Falcao was good the first two rounds and then put it into cruise control. Who knows about Harris? I am just saying I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut though.

Undercard or not, a UFC win is a UFC win & he's now 3-1 in his 4 outing's...I've never heard of a UFC fighter getting cut for 1 loss out of 4 fight's (unless maybe there was financial disagreement)..Anyone else have any occurences where a UFC fighter goes 3-1 & gets the boot after thier 1st loss?[/quote:2rbad1n0]

Okay you win.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
seanho2309 said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
seanho2309 said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
seanho2309 said:
[quote="HoustonTeams4Me":1l5ft8f4][quote="seanho2309":1l5ft8f4]Round 2 was close but I will give it to Rampage, because of the takedown Machida is dancing looking to counter too much.

2 Rounds Jackson 20-18

Undercard or not, a UFC win is a UFC win & he's now 3-1 in his 4 outing's...I've never heard of a UFC fighter getting cut for 1 loss out of 4 fight's (unless maybe there was financial disagreement)..Anyone else have any occurences where a UFC fighter goes 3-1 & gets the boot after thier 1st loss?[/quote:1l5ft8f4]

Okay you win.[/quote:1l5ft8f4]

Actually, YOU WIN! :lol: I just read on the Underground that Gerald Harris has been cut from the UFC after 1 loss!!! ::facepalm:: :lol: Damn, what are they smoking? I mean Harris must've ruffled Dana's feather's by either complaing too much about Falcoa's tactic's or how he "held onto Gerald's neck too long after the bell"...which is true but you cannot cry over spilled milk, & if ya do Dana White will cut you from the UFC! :lol:

Either way, if this info is definitely true, something other than the single UFC loss is the reasoning behind the firing, & I guarantee it! ;)

seanho2309

Aug 11, 2008
Cibolo, TX
HoustonTeams4Me said:
seanho2309 said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
seanho2309 said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
[quote="seanho2309":25349mjv][quote="HoustonTeams4Me":25349mjv][quote="seanho2309":25349mjv]Round 2 was close but I will give it to Rampage, because of the takedown Machida is dancing looking to counter too much.

2 Rounds Jackson 20-18

Undercard or not, a UFC win is a UFC win & he's now 3-1 in his 4 outing's...I've never heard of a UFC fighter getting cut for 1 loss out of 4 fight's (unless maybe there was financial disagreement)..Anyone else have any occurences where a UFC fighter goes 3-1 & gets the boot after thier 1st loss?[/quote:25349mjv]

Okay you win.[/quote:25349mjv]

Actually, YOU WIN! :lol: I just read on the Underground that Gerald Harris has been cut from the UFC after 1 loss!!! ::facepalm:: :lol: Damn, what are they smoking? I mean Harris must've ruffled Dana's feather's by either complaing too much about Falcoa's tactic's or how he "held onto Gerald's neck too long after the bell"...which is true but you cannot cry over spilled milk, & if ya do Dana White will cut you from the UFC! :lol:

Either way, if this info is definitely true, something other than the single UFC loss is the reasoning behind the firing, & I guarantee it! ;)[/quote:25349mjv]

I guess I did. I won't even say I told you so. :lol: I do feel it is unfortunate. As I stated in the other Thread two things screwed Harris....
1) Fighter's not getting the leeway they might have had before. Now had Harris lost a close decision he might still have a job. Look at Tyson Griffin....has lost three straight fights and still has a job....Reason 1 he got jobbed on this past fight. Reason 2 the guy brings it to the table except the KO loss he suffered to Gomi.
2) Harris' lack of urgency in the 3rd round being down 2 rounds to none.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
seanho2309 said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
seanho2309 said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
seanho2309 said:
[quote="HoustonTeams4Me":164oerj4][quote="seanho2309":164oerj4][quote="HoustonTeams4Me":164oerj4][quote="seanho2309":164oerj4]Round 2 was close but I will give it to Rampage, because of the takedown Machida is dancing looking to counter too much.

2 Rounds Jackson 20-18

Undercard or not, a UFC win is a UFC win & he's now 3-1 in his 4 outing's...I've never heard of a UFC fighter getting cut for 1 loss out of 4 fight's (unless maybe there was financial disagreement)..Anyone else have any occurences where a UFC fighter goes 3-1 & gets the boot after thier 1st loss?[/quote:164oerj4]

Okay you win.[/quote:164oerj4]

Either way, if this info is definitely true, something other than the single UFC loss is the reasoning behind the firing, & I guarantee it! ;)[/quote:164oerj4]

I guess I did. I won't even say I told you so. :lol: I do feel it is unfortunate. As I stated in the other Thread two things screwed Harris....
1) Fighter's not getting the leeway they might have had before. Now had Harris lost a close decision he might still have a job. Look at Tyson Griffin....has lost three straight fights and still has a job....Reason 1 he got jobbed on this past fight. Reason 2 the guy brings it to the table except the KO loss he suffered to Gomi.
2) Harris' lack of urgency in the 3rd round being down 2 rounds to none.[/quote:164oerj4]

Well Harris has "brought it" in every one of his fights minus the 3rd Rd of this past fight (in which he was at least moving forward towards Falcao, falcao basically ran away the entire 3rd Rd..both Rd 1 & 2 Harris brought it but was whooped up on & put on the defensive while trying to avoid 2 rear-naked's..which IMO showed alot of heart, as how many fighter's would've given in & tapped in the 1st Rd when Falcao had it sunk TIGHT for the remaining 10+ seconds; & then some AFTER the bell?- ALOT of fighter's would've tapped!).

Anyhow I don't buy the "Harris didn't bring it so he was cut" idea, I know there is something more to this (something we're not privy to)...maybe contract disputes & something on a more personal level.

The other promotion's/organization's are literally DROOLING over this release & he'll be scooped up pretty quickly (unless he asks for too much $$). I'm bummed about this because Harris was an exciting fighter & I thought given a bit more seasoning could be a contender (given his skill base, speed, & power). Hopefully we'll see him in the UFC again but if not I'm sure he'll be the Strikeforce or Bellator 185lb Champ pretty soon!

seanho2309

Aug 11, 2008
Cibolo, TX
HoustonTeams4Me said:
seanho2309 said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
seanho2309 said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
[quote="seanho2309":yqk0hxuf][quote="HoustonTeams4Me":yqk0hxuf][quote="seanho2309":yqk0hxuf][quote="HoustonTeams4Me":yqk0hxuf][quote="seanho2309":yqk0hxuf]Round 2 was close but I will give it to Rampage, because of the takedown Machida is dancing looking to counter too much.

2 Rounds Jackson 20-18

Undercard or not, a UFC win is a UFC win & he's now 3-1 in his 4 outing's...I've never heard of a UFC fighter getting cut for 1 loss out of 4 fight's (unless maybe there was financial disagreement)..Anyone else have any occurences where a UFC fighter goes 3-1 & gets the boot after thier 1st loss?[/quote:yqk0hxuf]

Okay you win.[/quote:yqk0hxuf]

Either way, if this info is definitely true, something other than the single UFC loss is the reasoning behind the firing, & I guarantee it! ;)[/quote:yqk0hxuf]

2) Harris' lack of urgency in the 3rd round being down 2 rounds to none.[/quote:yqk0hxuf]

Well Harris has "brought it" in every one of his fights minus the 3rd Rd of this past fight (in which he was at least moving forward towards Falcao, falcao basically ran away the entire 3rd Rd..both Rd 1 & 2 Harris brought it but was whooped up on & put on the defensive while trying to avoid 2 rear-naked's..which IMO showed alot of heart, as how many fighter's would've given in & tapped in the 1st Rd when Falcao had it sunk TIGHT for the remaining 10+ seconds; & then some AFTER the bell?- ALOT of fighter's would've tapped!).

Anyhow I don't buy the "Harris didn't bring it so he was cut" idea, I know there is something more to this (something we're not privy to)...maybe contract disputes & something on a more personal level.

The other promotion's/organization's are literally DROOLING over this release & he'll be scooped up pretty quickly (unless he asks for too much $$). I'm bummed about this because Harris was an exciting fighter & I thought given a bit more seasoning could be a contender (given his skill base, speed, & power). Hopefully we'll see him in the UFC again but if not I'm sure he'll be the Strikeforce or Bellator 185lb Champ pretty soon![/quote:yqk0hxuf]

Well actually the bell rang early. Had it not rang early he (Harris) probably would have tapped and would still have a job. For the record....I never said I agreed with him getting cut. I just stated it would not surprise me.

Etanju

Jun 28, 2010
There is no other reason for Harris getting cut other than his performance in this last fight. And yes I know it wasn't about $$$ or anything like that.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Etanju said:
There is no other reason for Harris getting cut other than his performance in this last fight. And yes I know it wasn't about $$$ or anything like that.

Unless there is a recording available that shows/play's-back Harris & D.White discussing the terms of his termination, I'm going to stick with "unspecified" reason's for Gerald Harris's dismissal....I don't buy Dana's "we let him go due to his performance" BS (Harris is worth too much & was on a hot win streak where he finished (KO/TKO'd) all 3 opponent's & that's not done too often nowaday's (& supposedly that's the stuff Dana likes?!?!)...

EDIT/NOTE- Regardless, I'm going to bow out of this discussion as I get the "vibe" that this has taken a turn for the argumentative side & I like you FCB MMA guy's too damn much to bicker & nitpik over the petty shat! :p :grouphug:

seanho2309

Aug 11, 2008
Cibolo, TX
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Etanju said:

Unless there is a recording available that shows/play's-back Harris & D.White discussing the terms of his termination, I'm going to stick with "unspecified" reason's for Gerald Harris's dismissal....I don't buy Dana's "we let him go due to his performance" BS (Harris is worth too much & was on a hot win streak where he finished (KO/TKO'd) all 3 opponent's & that's not done too often nowaday's (& supposedly that's the stuff Dana likes?!?!)...

EDIT/NOTE- Regardless, I'm going to bow out of this discussion as I get the "vibe" that this has taken a turn for the argumentative side & I like you FCB MMA guy's too damn much to bicker & nitpik over the petty shat! :p :grouphug:

Well I know you probably won't comment...well because you said you didn't want to bicker and nitpick....however, this story was pretty decent and I thought I would post http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_7669.shtml

Members online

Latest posts