Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Unique Surname Contest: Results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Thanks again to everyone who entered this contest. The results are in...

IN 11th PLACE WITH 143.5 POINTS....@JUAN GRIS !

IN 10th PLACE WITH 186.8 POINTS....@Dazed !

IN 9th PLACE WITH 216.4 POINTS....@deaconblues63 !

IN 8th PLACE WITH 250.7 POINTS....@Therion !

IN 7th PLACE WITH 335.1 POINTS....@MrMet !

IN 6th PLACE WITH 355.5 POINTS....@gracecollector !

IN 5th PLACE WITH 361.9 POINTS....@banjar !

IN 4th PLACE WITH 374.8 POINTS....@clarkzac !

IN 3rd PLACE WITH 412.9 POINTS....@EtherealSOC !

IN 2nd PLACE WITH 478.9 POINTS....@Dilferules !

AND IN 1st PLACE WITH 1,012.2 POINTS....@mrmopar !

He went for broke and it paid off!

Congrats, Sir. PM coming shortly to arrange your prize.

Here's a full breakdown:

https://cjedmonton.webs.com/unique.jpg

Until next time....

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Congrats mrmopar, you demolished everybody! Happy with my second place showing. Thanks for the fun contest cjedmonton.

My entire team was actually former Philadelphia/Kansas City/Oakland A's with career WARs between 25 and 50. I figured confining myself to non-obvious guys on a single team would lower the chances of duplicates. Based on the points I got it seems to have worked out exactly as I had tried for, must have had only one or two dupes (Chief Bender, Ken Holtzman, and Kevin Appier are the most likely culprits). But obviously mrmopar's strategy was much better!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Congrats mrmopar, you demolished everybody! Happy with my second place showing. Thanks for the fun contest cjedmonton.

My entire team was actually former Philadelphia/Kansas City/Oakland A's with career WARs between 25 and 50. I figured confining myself to non-obvious guys on a single team would lower the chances of duplicates. Based on the points I got it seems to have worked out exactly as I had tried for, must have had only one or two dupes (Chief Bender, Ken Holtzman, and Kevin Appier are the most likely culprits). But obviously mrmopar's strategy was much better!

You played the game the right way and had a great line up! I took the easy way out and of course a huge risk, even saying as I turned in my line-up, that I expected to be the spoiler for many. I was not sure I would win with a single individual, except my wildcard, Tommy John.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
What does last place win?! :D

You played the game the right way and had a great line up! I took the easy way out and of course a huge risk, even saying as I turned in my line-up, that I expected to be the spoiler for many. I was not sure I would win with a single individual, except my wildcard, Tommy John.
I had every player on your list but dropped them for slightly less high WAR guys... and boy did it not pay off! Congrats on the win.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Great contest! I thought I used a pretty unique group of players and only had four that counted. Looks like a lot of you had the same idea.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
What does last place win?! :D

I had every player on your list but dropped them for slightly less high WAR guys... and boy did it not pay off! Congrats on the win.
Thank you. It was a big gamble and I was not expecting to win, for sure. I am surprised more people didn't select a few biggies just in case. Of course, with only 10-11 entries, it makes it even harder to cover all the biggies with only 10 players in each category.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I'm pretty pumped about my Harry Smythe and Bill Pulsipher selections!

Nobody else had them...but that may be because they tallied a grand total of 0.8 WAR between them. I should have tried harder, but I did this on a whim late at night, and I literally was just throwing out names that popped into my head. Really surprised that I didn't finish much lower.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Another public thank you to cjedmonton for ANOTHER GREAT CONTEST and i wanted to share the surprise prize! It showed up direct from the artist yesterday, so it threw me for a loop. I thought it was oddly coincidental that I like the Dodgers and somehow ended up with this print I did not buy??? I honestly had forgotten about the contest when this arrived, so I immediately assumed it was a mistake. I reached out to the artist on facebook to explain the situation and make sure the print was going to get back to it's rightful owner.

A little later that evening, it finally clicked in my mind after combing ebay to see if it was a seller sending the wrong item scenario, that maybe it was the contest price and sure enough, I logged on here and had a PM about the special delivery. Boy did i feel dumb after that!

This was my awesome prize, about 11x14, serialized to 500 and hand signed by the artist. Sorry, just stole the image from her site, but the artist is Lauren Taylor Illustrations. She's pretty good and apparently really starting to make a name for herself. Check it out.

123832588_2412658549031127_2763164918750235077_n.jpg

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Another public thank you to cjedmonton for ANOTHER GREAT CONTEST and i wanted to share the surprise prize! It showed up direct from the artist yesterday, so it threw me for a loop. I thought it was oddly coincidental that I like the Dodgers and somehow ended up with this print I did not buy??? I honestly had forgotten about the contest when this arrived, so I immediately assumed it was a mistake. I reached out to the artist on facebook to explain the situation and make sure the print was going to get back to it's rightful owner.

A little later that evening, it finally clicked in my mind after combing ebay to see if it was a seller sending the wrong item scenario, that maybe it was the contest price and sure enough, I logged on here and had a PM about the special delivery. Boy did i feel dumb after that!

This was my awesome prize, about 11x14, serialized to 500 and hand signed by the artist. Sorry, just stole the image from her site, but the artist is Lauren Taylor Illustrations. She's pretty good and apparently really starting to make a name for herself. Check it out.

View attachment 118994

Wait...that’s a drawing?! Damn! Congrats

Another great prize from another great contest!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Sweet prize! Kudos to @cjedmonton. And to you for winning :)

View attachment 118994

Members online

Latest posts