Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Upper Deck Baseball License Depression Confession

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PackBreakMissionary

Jun 16, 2009
One of my favorite ways to enjoy the hobby is to make hobby-related videos-- I realize not everyone feels this way but hopefully this sheds a little humor on the whole licensing dilemma with the MLB, and of course the NFL and NBA. (Somehow it just seems the worst for baseball though, despite UD's shortcomings) Enjoy!

[youtube:s1gk4z92]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HagR2pzWJug[/youtube:s1gk4z92]

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
PackBreakMissionary said:
One of my favorite ways to enjoy the hobby is to make hobby-related videos-- I realize not everyone feels this way but hopefully this sheds a little humor on the whole licensing dilemma with the MLB, and of course the NFL and NBA. (Somehow it just seems the worst for baseball though, despite UD's shortcomings) Enjoy!

[youtube:3auwg03b]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HagR2pzWJug[/youtube:3auwg03b]

Please advise as to whether you'd like to pursue litigation against Upper Deck, MLB, NFL, and the NBA.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Four thoughts

1) You need to clean your hallway if you're going to rub yourself against it like that.
2) You need to clean your toilet.
3) You need to get a girlfriend. (Or boyfriend, whichever way you swing.)
4) Good effort.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Therion said:
Four thoughts

1) You need to clean your hallway if you're going to rub yourself against it like that.
2) You need to clean your toilet.
3) You need to get a girlfriend. (Or boyfriend, whichever way you swing.)
4) Good effort.

it's all hyperbole

I am sure that things are that messy for dramatic effect. Check out his other videos, he puts a lot of effort into his work.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
cgilmo said:
hofmichael said:
I think I am quitting the hobby because of this.

why? topps has done nothing but hit home runs thus far
They haven't made videos like this though.Nice cheap shot :D .I figured with every post complaining and bitching about something I figured I would try the positive route this time.
Mike

PackBreakMissionary

Jun 16, 2009
hofmichael said:
cgilmo said:
hofmichael said:

They haven't made videos like this though.Nice cheap shot :D .I figured with every post complaining and bitching about something I figured I would try the positive route this time.
Mike

Thanks for the support! The vids do take a good chunk of time. I know its not genius best ever, but I don't get all the haters and quip-machines who want to insta-stomp something that obviously takes some time, especially when (imo) it contributes in a new way to the hobby. The support is definitely motivating, ty.

cgilmo said:
I am sure that things are that messy for dramatic effect. Check out his other videos, he puts a lot of effort into his work.

Alright, you got it! I used the dirtiest tijuana toilet I could find. I broke that pack too, afterwards.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
1. Any good pulls from that pissed-on pack you broke?

2. There's always NCAA cards from UD coming...and only from UD.

3. Loved the video and thought it might be the funniest one of yours I've seen to date. Keep up the good work.

PackBreakMissionary

Jun 16, 2009
Card Magnet said:
1. Any good pulls from that pissed-on pack you broke?

2. There's always NCAA cards from UD coming...and only from UD.

3. Loved the video and thought it might be the funniest one of yours I've seen to date. Keep up the good work.

After getting piss all over my hands... nope, nathan. I was hoping for a huge hit with piss all over it, for a good story but I missed as usual.

NCAA cards...yeah, not bad. I'm more looking forward to some mutations I'm hoping will be made, ala the bug/ cards from Goodwins and the Champs fossil cards. Hitting a Phil Helmuth auto out of box of that stuff was cool (and kinda lucky). Thanks for the support!

sportscardtheory said:
LOL Great stuff! You have real comic timing and a really good eye for effective comedic editing.
This a big compliment, considering the guys you quoted in your sig-tyvm. Btw,Zach used my glasses as a prop in his act once, at a stand up show in hollywood. He's awesome.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
PackBreakMissionary said:
hofmichael said:
cgilmo said:
hofmichael said:

Mike

Thanks for the support! The vids do take a good chunk of time. I know its not genius best ever, but I don't get all the haters and quip-machines who want to insta-stomp something that obviously takes some time, especially when (imo) it contributes in a new way to the hobby. The support is definitely motivating, ty.

cgilmo said:

Alright, you got it! I used the dirtiest tijuana toilet I could find. I broke that pack too, afterwards.
I wasn't knocking your video dude.I got a good laugh out of it.

PackBreakMissionary

Jun 16, 2009
Mike!

We crossing some wires, I understood you dug it. I got the message-- I was just saying, your compliment was a breath of fresh air from internet powertrippers. Maybe its a freedom card board thing? (the support)

Members online

Latest posts