Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Velasquez/Dos Santos Fight Thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
It's my first UFC fight that I've watched and I come away thinking UFC is a scripted sport.

35 mins for pre-fight and introductions leaves no room in the scheduled 1 hour telecast for a full five round fight. Fight over in less than a minute of the first round leaving lots of BS time for the rest of the hour. It's hard to think if these two were hyped to be the best heavyweights in UFC that the fight wouldn't go at least 3-4 rounds. Also, Cain laying on the ground and Junior seems to be delivering those fake wrestling blows.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
btw, what's with Joe Roggin? I last saw him on Fear Factor 1 and various comedy specials around that timeframe. Is that him just aging or is he roiding and working out in the gym? He seems aged and athlete-faced more than I would have expected.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
rsmath said:
btw, what's with Joe Roggin? I last saw him on Fear Factor 1 and various comedy specials around that timeframe. Is that him just aging or is he roiding and working out in the gym? He seems aged and athlete-faced more than I would have expected.

joe rogan has been been a commentator for ufc for a very long time and is actually an extremely talented fighter and trains all the time....and you should have watched the prelim fights they had on foxsports.com and you would actually like mma...and it was not scripted, just because there two of the top hw's doesnt mean getting hit with a hard right hand cant end it..believe me im positive dana white wanted it to got 3 or 4 rounds, he looked pissed afterwards because it ended so quickly. I was not happy with the choice of this fight for the first ufc on fox because of the chance of a quick knockout and the fact that they would most likely stand and not show off all the different aspects of mma, i would have rather had guida/henderson title contender fight (which was on foxsports.com right before this) and then the cain/jds fight

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
rsmath said:
It's my first UFC fight that I've watched and I come away thinking UFC is a scripted sport.

35 mins for pre-fight and introductions leaves no room in the scheduled 1 hour telecast for a full five round fight. Fight over in less than a minute of the first round leaving lots of BS time for the rest of the hour. It's hard to think if these two were hyped to be the best heavyweights in UFC that the fight wouldn't go at least 3-4 rounds. Also, Cain laying on the ground and Junior seems to be delivering those fake wrestling blows.

Worst take I have ever read. If it was a scripted the fight it would have gone five rounds. What did the UFC have to gain by scripting a 1 minute fight that is going to make every "non-fan" that tuned in think the fights are quick? How would scripting that add new fans and more PPV purchases? That is the sport. Some fights are quick and some last forever and are boring wresting matches.

Fake wresting blows?

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
UFC isn't scripted.

This wasn't a "normal" fight card. This fight was supposed to be on the 19th on 139 but they held it back a week. Normal fight cards are much deeper than this (I only know of the Guida/Henderson prelim) and are on PPV.

This was easily one of the biggest fights in UFC history. One shot to the head is all it took. Believe it or not, people have KO'd other people much faster than this.

While I would have liked to see the fight go a few rounds, I was very satisfied on how it went.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
As far as Rogan goes, I don't know much about him except he was on FearFactor and is a great announcer who really knows his sport.

FearFactor will also be coming back with Rogan so I don't know if that will affect his UFC stuff at all.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Wow, some dumb posts in this thread. Fake wrestling blows my ass. You ever been hit in your ear repeatedly be a world class heavyweight striker? What would the UFC have to gain be having Cain drop the belt in his back yard on their first network television gig? Nothing. I personally didn't think this fight would go past two rounds, with these great powerful strikers, but to suggest it was fixed is beyond stupid.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Scripted??? HAHAHAHAHAHHA I can pretty much guarantee that this is NOT the result that Dana wanted. Actually its damn near the worst case scenario.

Cain got caught with a BOMB on the temple. JDS has some extremely heavy hands.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
And congrats to my friend Darren for beating Kid. Great fight.

Oh, and Ben Henderson is a BEAST!

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
JzWand said:
Ty Hope said:
And congrats to my friend Darren for beating Kid. Great fight.

Oh, and Ben Henderson is a BEAST!

Your friends with Uyenoyama???

Good stuff he ran a ground clinic on Kid!

Yeah, I know him through Antonio Carvalho. Great guy!

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
I know people who never watched before too, and they felt the same way. It was not a good result for non-MMA fans to become intrigued.

People felt like there was too much hype and background stories, and then the fight was weak.

I've tried to convince people that it's the worst outcome for the UFC. They would never script a fight on national TV to end that fast.

The sad thing is I remember months ago when it was announced I mentioned how I felt it could backfire by having only one fight. In that it could be over in no time.

usheer

Mar 18, 2013
USA
It's hard to think if these two were hyped to be the best heavyweights in UFC that the fight wouldn't go at least 3-4 rounds.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts