Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
...and so it begins:

1958_hires_book.jpg

My first piece to the 1958 Hires set - the Hires Baseball Club instructional book. These were available when you sent in the membership application on a tab attached to the cards.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
The rest of my 1972 Virginia Squires cards arrived today:

And even though from 4 different sellers, all of my 1971 Virginia Squires arrived today:

The Squires project is completed!
DANNY

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
The rest of my 1972 Virginia Squires cards arrived today:

And even though from 4 different sellers, all of my 1971 Virginia Squires arrived today:

The Squires project is completed!
DANNY

Nice to see you finish this. I still need some for my Carolina Cougars team set. I got two more cards in for my 64 Topps Cubs team set but neglected to scan them. Merry Christmas

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
One of my best memories as a kid was going around to shows and shops with my mother building the 1957 Milwaukee Braves team set. The first I ever acquired was an Aaron at a show in Milwaukee when I was about 12. I traded a dealer a Mattingly rookie, a Pucket rookie, and $15 for a low grade copy. I stared at that card for days, amazed that I actually held such an "ancient" card I had only seen in magazines. Well I grew up, started chasing girls, and as a dumb teenager sold the team set for a song. I reached adulthood and rebuilt it. Had to sell again when I got divorced. Decided to try one more time starting with these. Nothing insane, but presentable copies :)

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
One of my best memories as a kid was going around to shows and shops with my mother building the 1957 Milwaukee Braves team set. The first I ever acquired was an Aaron at a show in Milwaukee when I was about 12. I traded a dealer a Mattingly rookie, a Pucket rookie, and $15 for a low grade copy. I stared at that card for days, amazed that I actually held such an "ancient" card I had only seen in magazines. Well I grew up, started chasing girls, and as a dumb teenager sold the team set for a song. I reached adulthood and rebuilt it. Had to sell again when I got divorced. Decided to try one more time starting with these. Nothing insane, but presentable copies :)

Awesome cards Andy.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Used some Christmas cash to purchase these 1951 Berk Ross cards for my collection:
Eddie Lopat
Yogi Berra
Joe DiMaggio
DANNY

Copa7

Nov 27, 2013
Nice to see you finish this. I still need some for my Carolina Cougars team set. I got two more cards in for my 64 Topps Cubs team set but neglected to scan them. Merry Christmas
I have some early 1970's basketball. I don't collect anything but soccer and hockey these days. But I will trade for anything I need or sell if you want to buy. I got tons of baseball and a little football left to sell.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Picked these up at a local flea market back in October. Got such a good deal on them, I didn't know if it was a "too good to be true" moment so I wanted to send them into PSA to have checked out. Got them back this week and scanned. I bought the Ryan, Jackson, and Mantle raw and the Smith was already graded.

Reggie Jackson 1969 Topps PSA 2.jpg

Mickey Mantle 1968 Topps PSA 6mk.jpg

Ozzie Smith 1979 Topps PSA 8.jpg

Nolan Ryan 1968 PSA 4.jpg