Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What are some 80/90s oddball RCs that go for decent money?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLOUR

Jan 20, 2009
DeliciousBacon said:
Robin Yount's Sportflics Yankees RC goes for big money. It's supposedly one of the best cards of the 80's.

That's stupid.

socalsignatures

Aug 28, 2008
FLOUR said:
DeliciousBacon said:
Robin Yount's Sportflics Yankees RC goes for big money. It's supposedly one of the best cards of the 80's.

That's stupid.

With a response like that, why would you even ask in the first place?

Please, enlighten me and the FCB community as to why that is stupid?

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
socalsignatures said:
FLOUR said:
DeliciousBacon said:

That's stupid.

Because there were a few threads blasting a guy who said just that. They went on for pages with people making ridiculous posts similar to the one above. The op probably read them, and cant believe people are still talking about it or he thinks its a joke as he has never heard of the card.

FLOUR

Jan 20, 2009
I've known of that card for decades and it seems to be one of the toughest 80s cards out there for the 3 people that actually want it. I also know that it's an error card and nowhere near being a 1975 RC, that's why that post was deliberately stupid. And there seems to be some dumb fad over that card on this site, it's this site's version of all that Rick Roll crap.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
It has to be a RC right??

1990 Donruss Aqueous Test rookie of whoever (maybe Juan Gonzalez). He's probably the best one.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
socalsignatures said:
FLOUR said:
DeliciousBacon said:

That's stupid.

Please dont speak for us.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
1990 Topps TV Yankees Team Set #66 Bernie Williams RC

Had the only PSA graded copy at one point, PSA 9, but wasn't able to dig up a scan.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
1989 to 1994 Classic are full of rookies, including many future HOFers like Ken Griffey Jr, Randy Johnson, Frank Thomas, Chipper Jones, Pedro Martinez and many others.

The 1991 to 1993 Topps Mini sets are full of rookies.

Tons of box sets from the '80s have rookies. The 1987 Topps Toys R' Us set has Bonds, Bo and a couple others.

1989 Woolworths has a Randy Johnson rookie.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
sportscardtheory said:
1989 to 1994 Classic are full of rookies, including many future HOFers like Ken Griffey Jr, Randy Johnson, Frank Thomas, Chipper Jones, Pedro Martinez and many others.

Tons of box sets from the '80s have rookies. The 1987 Topps Toys R' Us set has Bonds, Bo and a couple others.

These go for decent money?

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Bob Loblaw said:
sportscardtheory said:

I know it's an oddball graded company, but it's the best example I could find.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RANDY-JOHNSON-1 ... 56481b82cc

A PSA 10 went for $11.10

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-WOOLWORTH- ... 2ebbcbcd93

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Bob Loblaw said:
sportscardtheory said:

More than a pittance, I guess. lol

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
sportscardtheory said:
Bob Loblaw said:
sportscardtheory said:

I just posted 10 boxed sets from the 80s that no one wanted..FOR FREE...

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Bob Loblaw said:
sportscardtheory said:
[quote="Bob Loblaw":24hemfk5]
sportscardtheory said:

I just posted 10 boxed sets from the 80s that no one wanted..FOR FREE...[/quote:24hemfk5]

This board is geared towards prospects. Of course most of these guys don't want that stuff. What would they do with them, use them to prop up their Bryce Harper autos? I didn't see you offering them. I would take them in a heartbeat.

Latest posts