Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who are your Rookies of the Year at this point?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
NL: Seager or Diaz, right? "Rookie" in-status-only pitcher Junior Guerra as a dark-horse? Trevor Story won't be able to dine on the first few months the whole year, right?

AL: Fulmer by a lot, right? I don't think Mazara and Kepler bashing a bunch of HRs can top Fulmer's 3.7 WAR.

Thoughts?

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Considering Story is leading the league in HR and top 5 in RBI, I think he is the NL leader with Seager/Diaz a coin flip for 2nd. Fulmer is solidly ahead in the AL and would probably even be including somewhere on many voters CY ballots.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Trevor Story won't be able to dine on the first few months the whole year, right?
Story is hitting .348 with 6 homers after the All-Star break. His batting average has climbed each month and his homers have been steady after his 10-homer first month.

He's leading the NL with 27 homers, is 5th with 71 rbi and has a .271 avg. He's a lock unless he colllapses and Seager goes on a tear.

Seager's having a great rookie season too, .303 and 17 homers, but only 46 rbi.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Most compelling stats for the top NL candidates
Seager: .303 avg .875 OPS 65 Runs 4.5 fWAR
Story: 27 HR .915 OPS 66 Runs 3.1 rWAR

At the moment I'd probably go with Seager for the following reasons
1. Story plays in Colorado (50% of the time)
2. Story has 128 SO in 365 AB
3. Seager's 4.5 fWAR

However, the voters LOVE home runs and they love them far more than sabermetrics so I believe if the season ended right now Story would get the nod.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Junior Guerra definitely deserves a mention at least. Zach Davies could as well. Not that either will win but solid seasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Absolutely. Just thought they deserve mention :) (Davies' Panini stuff is actually selling well)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
any chance a tapering off by fulmer coupled with a big finish by naquin could get tyler into the al conversation ?

yeah i like Naquin as a dark horse in the AL...especially if Fulmer stumbles. I'd have to go with Story in the NL...usually the ROY isn't that big on the player being on a playoff bound team.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
yeah i like Naquin as a dark horse in the AL...especially if Fulmer stumbles. I'd have to go with Story in the NL...usually the ROY isn't that big on the player being on a playoff bound team.

Story out so...Diaz, especially if he ends up high on the batting average leaders list. Plus he's a Cardinal!

Members online

Latest posts