Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Clark Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
I would agree Nolan, both of those sigs look off.....The Clark has some of the right hallmarks, like the detacted L and the star looking K. But the rest looks too spread out, the W and C are too small, I can't recall Clark including a loop in the C, the A isn't typically closed at the top and the entrie signature is too straight, not at an angle. Man, I know too much about Clark's auto......

Here's one of the worst Clark auto's I own, I have no doubt it's real:
1988StarAutoSet.jpg

Here's one of the best examples:
2004SPLegendaryCutsLegendarySigs30o.jpg

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Yeah, even if it's a best case scenario (just a bad example of a genuine Clark auto), it's still hideous and on a 3x5 postcard. I too, know way too much about Clark auto's for my own good. I'm definitely a dork :)

I just despise that card. $1249 seems outrageous, but what do I know. But if it was presented to me, I wouldn't even pay $20 for it, unless it was merely for a flip, seeing it's worth soooo much.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Attempting to put the picture up for everyone else, since I can get the ebay link to work right

$(KGrHqVHJFIE92EZwDTUBPjkrU)izQ~~60_57.JPG

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
Nolan, congrats on the sale. I'm surprised it went for this much.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WILL-CLARK-1992-Donruss-Diamond-Kings-SUPER-5x7-JUMBO-Test-Issue-/150806937694?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item231ccb405e

I'd love to know how much you paid for the set. I really hope these find their way to some player collectors, as they sure are rare. Also, how crazy that there's ANOTHER seller listing DK Supers right now? There are TWO examples of some players currently on Ebay. That just seems impossible! I guess we know there are at least three examples of some players out there...

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Nolan, congrats on the sale. I'm surprised it went for this much.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WILL-CLARK-1992-Donruss-Diamond-Kings-SUPER-5x7-JUMBO-Test-Issue-/150806937694?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item231ccb405e

I'd love to know how much you paid for the set. I really hope these find their way to some player collectors, as they sure are rare. Also, how crazy that there's ANOTHER seller listing DK Supers right now? There are TWO examples of some players currently on Ebay. That just seems impossible! I guess we know there are at least three examples of some players out there...

I sold mine quite a bit of ago. That sale for $1500 was the new guy. Not sure where he got that set. He sold it to Michael though, so it stays in the family :)

I bought the set with a BIN for $500 . . . ended up being a much better deal than I had originally thought. I honestly thought it was potentially $1500+ when I first got it (Clark, Ripken and Thomas making up the most of that), everything else gravy, but as the buzz started happening, got big offers on 3 of the stars and couldn't pass it up, but that happened a couple of months ago.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
I sold mine quite a bit of ago. That sale for $1500 was the new guy. Not sure where he got that set. He sold it to Michael though, so it stays in the family :)

I bought the set with a BIN for $500 . . . ended up being a much better deal than I had originally thought. I honestly thought it was potentially $1500+ when I first got it (Clark, Ripken and Thomas making up the most of that), everything else gravy, but as the buzz started happening, got big offers on 3 of the stars and couldn't pass it up, but that happened a couple of months ago.

Ah. Sorry to confuse you. I think I paid something like $650 for mine. Glad to have it locked away. Mine's got a little white showing on the front, which is typical. It might not grade as high, but I actually like it, as it helps tell the story of the card and the set...

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Yeah, the buzz definitely increased the sale prices of those things. I never expected to sell the Thomas and Ripken for what I did, but glad I was able to sell them. They helped fund some nice Will's including a dual auto of Clark/Ripken that I really wanted.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Here was the Ripken/Clark:

$(KGrHqV,!ocE8VnjqYrCBPRvU3YtBw~~60_12.JPG

Got this one from the same seller, although not as expensive:

$(KGrHqJ,!p!E8VlcdTvpBPRvV)4ZWw~~60_12.JPG

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009

Nope, isolated sale. Usually sells for next to nothing.

Andrew: I was the underbidder . . . . again :(

2nd place, twice! I hope the big sales of this last batch bring out a few more into the hobby. Ron has like 12 Robby Thompson's so they are out there somewhere.

shady75

May 1, 2010
So the same guy has won the past 3 Will Clark Aqueous cards spending over 3 grand in the process! I'd like to get my hands on one, but that is a lot of money to drop, and who knows what you'd have to pay to outbid this guy. He's even outbid me on some Star Promo cards of Clark that I really overbid a lot on that I knew he had multiples of. Sometimes it can be frustrating as a player collector just trying to get one copy of a card.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
I haven't posted here in a while, so I thought I'd cross post this (also posted in the 2005 Prime Patches thread):

I didn't really like this set when I first started seeing the scans. After winning a few, I really came to love it. Here's what I have:
2005PrimePatchesLetterAuto.jpg
PrimePatchesNamePlatePatch3.jpg
PrimePatchesNamePlatePatch2.jpg
2005PrimePatchesQuad.jpg
PrimePatchesAuto.jpg
PrimePatchesNumberPatchAuto.jpg
PrimePatchesAutoJersey.jpg
05PrimePatchesButton.jpg
PrimePatchesNamePlatePatch1.jpg
PrimePatchesTeamLogoPatch.jpg
Prime Patches Team Logo Patch.jpg
PrimePatchesNumberPatch.jpg